Sign in to follow this  

Are these low profile mirrors any good?

Has anyone tried these low profile mirrors? Can you see anything in them or is there too much virbation, or? I've read good things about the Dual Star and Ken Sean folding mirrors, but would like to get some opinions on these low profile mirrors.

Mirror3LowProfile109X118.jpg

MirrorDS95X100.jpg

I have no idea as for personal experience but I do know that I was reading a pretty detailed review or two over in the DRZ400 forum. You should try checking that out if you haven't already. I was interested in the same thing, although I a quite sure that they can't be DOT approved...or are they?

I bought the Sean Ken Folding Mirror, and got use to it being there, but since it's broken out of the joint from a few good spills, I'm going the cheap route for the next one. Acerbis. I'll see how it compares. I do mostly dirt riding, and only have the mirror there because I have to have it there. Like the horn on my D.S. Kit. I only find the wacky group I ride with using our horns when we have to stop at a streetlight. :thumbsup:

I have tried both the Dual Star and Acerbis mirrors. The Dual Star is far superior. The Acerbis is literally useless if you really need to see what is behind you. The Dual Star mounts earily and is solid with minimal vibration. It is a bit tricky to see what is behind you by looking "under your arm", but I got used to it fast. I'm not sure if there is any such thing as a DOT approved mirror. But if I really needed a mirror for safety reasons and extensive highway use, as opposed to just complying with the law, then I would not use either. I'd go with an upright mirror that is bolted firmly into place.

Go to a bicycle shop and look at some of those mirrors. For less then $10 you will have the same thing and workers just as good.

I had an Acerbis set on my ATK 605 and they are totaly useless!

Now I have Dual Stars and won't be without them. I crash a lot and they are still in one piece. I have to ride 20 miles to get to the local off-road park and they are great on the highway. In fact, I find they are really handy on the trail to monitor the trail behind me. It does take a few miles to get used to looking under your arms, but you adapt quickly and it is not a problem.