Sign in to follow this  

Dealerships or Stealerships?

I hear people talking about their local dealership doing work on their bike for free of really cheap. My question is what does your dealership do for you and what do they charge? My next door neihbor which is my kawasaki/yamaha dealer would prob. charge me an arm and a leg to check valve clearance for example. SOmeone said they had their valves and springs replaced for 40 bucks??? Can that be true?

thx

You know the story, all depends on who you are and you relationship with the shop. Some shops really help there local riders and some are all about numbers. If you race try to deal with the same shop and build a great relationship with them. My sons ride out of RAISOR POWERSPORT in LAFAYETTE IN. Some of the service techs. and I also work together on some mod bikes. They have some great techs. and some great people in the parts dept. One being a pro mx rider. WE have built that relatiomship and receive a great amount of support from them.

The deal is the dealership replaced "A" valve,not all 4. And that's if you remove the head and just take that in. Parts not included.

My dealership charged me $35 for the same thing. I took the head, and the new valve to them and just had them do the "out with the bad, in with the good" thing. I dropped it off at lunch and picked it up after work. Piece o cake.

But if you just take the whole bike in then it'll get ugly.

~Tex

RMZ

I work at a kawi dealer and it only takes 30 min to check. $35. Actually to be honest you can do it yourself, its not hard at all. Just get a manual, if you can do a two stroke top end you can check valves with ease.