Sign in to follow this  

cant resist........... UPDATED W/PICS.

well,i cant help my self.i looked long and hard for a clean set of 99-00 rm forks.i wanted them becuase they are 49mm inverted twin chambers rather than the 47mm units of the later bikes.

i got them (like damn brand new!) and then contmeplated selling them as my e/k forks work superbly.well,im taking the plunge. :devil:

time will tell if they will ever be as plush as the 49mm conventionals,but they look trick! :D

i will credit suzuki for being consistnet about steering stem lengths and bearings.its a bolt deal and looks factory.

i have to press the stem out of the drz clamp to retrieve the bearing and them install it on the rm clamp in the am.

looks for pics tommorow night! :awww::lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

twin chamber are real nice pair of fork

i have work on them before, looks very special as compare to KYB cartridge fork.

:thumbsup:

Several of my riding buddies have the inverted forks - CR, KTM MXC and YZ 250s. That is going to look very cool on the DRZ. :thumbsup::devil: However, I have to say I do not have any complaints about the performance of the stock forks. For a heavy bike, it handles awesome in the deep sandy whoops where I do a lot of my riding. :awww:

Gimme' some 'em USD's damnit!!!! :awww::lol::D

If the bike ever runs, it should look good, right>? :snore::devil::thumbsup::D :D :lol:

i think im pretty lucky other than being a tad soft(totaly nitpicking) the stock forks are working great for me. btw i only weigh 160lbs

wanna sell your e/k forks? I'm looking for a pair, and since you already have yours all tricked out, it would save me the trouble...

wanna sell your e/k forks? I'm looking for a pair, and since you already have yours all tricked out, it would save me the trouble...

yes,they are for sale.$350 to your door.

.48 springs and fresh fluid.ready to go.

just a couple quick pics.i didnt want to roll it out side as im whooped.bolted on like a dream.the only pia stretching the head light mount band around those fricken tubes! :devil: im still waitng on the proper fork springs as well. :thumbsup:

DSCF00070.JPGDSCF00080.JPG

Welcome to the black rim inverted fork DRZ club Baby!!!!!

Special thanks to Eddie for lacing up my black rims in no time at all :thumbsup::devil::awww: Looks Sweet with the new Michelin Bajas mounted.

Eddie the bike looks great lets hear the ride report!!

Zac

DSC00036.JPG

glad you like the rims.i have a 5 inch supermoto rim sitting right next to me.im about to sit down with a beer and slap it together. :thumbsup:

edited! :devil:

ypu keep taunting us with more pictures of your bikes. Looks like you got a whole stable full. Trot em all out and make an online bike show. I want to see em all and you can share some of the significance of each one.

How about it?

glad you like the rims.i have a 5inch sitting right next to me.im about to sit down with a beer and slapi t together. :awww:

Geez mines more like 6 or 7 inches, only 5? I wouldnt go around admitting that.... :devil::D

I couldnt resist :lol: happy slapping :thumbsup:

ypu keep taunting us with more pictures of your bikes. Looks like you got a whole stable full. Trot em all out and make an online bike show. I want to see em all and you can share some of the significance of each one.

How about it?

i will see if i can get up the energy sometime.

unfortunately the ones i have here is not even close to what i actually own.my dad left me with a barn full of motorcycles (60+).i slowy but surely going thru them all. :thumbsup:

Are the 125 and 250 forks the same then for the 99-00 rm's? Those the best two years?

Burned, thought I read somewhere that you said you weren't really partial to Suzuki - you just felt the DRZ was the best doitall bike. That garage sure looks Suzuki to me. :thumbsup:

BTW the USD forks look very nice. :devil: