Sign in to follow this  

Rode a 2 Smoke....................

I drove to see friends in NorCal over the holiday weekend and brought my 450 with me . On Sunday I went with 2 buddies to Hangtown's MX track (Very Hot Day :thumbsup:).

One bike was a 98 CR250 owned by old time buddy , he had never ridden a 4 stroke .

We swapped bikes and I almost killed myself on the first lap . It felt squirly and loose , I don't miss my old CR250 . The 2 Smoke seemed much harder to ride :devil: .

As you can expect my buddy came back with a ear to ear smile and his first words he said were "I gotta get one of these" . He loved his bike before he rode mine , I ruined him :awww: .

Moral of the story : I love my CRF 450 .

James

I love my 03 450 although I recently had a stint with a rm 125 . While my crf was getting rebuilt I picked up a 125. AT first I was awkward and hated the 2 stroke life. But as my crf parts were delayed I picked up more 125 speed. Well to make a long story short - My crf is back and crazy fast. I sold the 125 and learned that my crf needed the suspension done also. I would like to have a 250 2stroke for a lill while also. I absolutely love my crf, I just wish I had a crf that felt as light as a 2 stroke.

I just wish I had a crf that felt as light as a 2 stroke.

Exactly the reason i got rid of my 4 stroke! :thumbsup:

I must say that I was contemplating selling my '98 ktm300 mxc 2-stroke so I wheeled it out of the garage after sitting for over a year (love my crf450) and it would not start...so I cleaned everything out, new fuel spark etc and it started up first kick (woohoo) :awww:, Then I took it and my crf450 out to the local riding haunt (Metcalf) and rode them both back to back over all kinds of trail and the track.

I must say that both bikes were extremely fun! I noticed that the KTM was slightly better on the trail and the Honda was slightly better on the track but I had alot of fun on both. I would like to get my hands on a newer ( '04 or '05 ) KTM 300 in the near future. (just needs a steering damper) Katooms now have a better frame and are about ten pounds lighter! Just my own thoughts. I came away with the feeling that the 4-stroke revolution is not that big of a deal yet! But I am definately keeping my crf450 too!! Ciao JP :thumbsup::devil:

thumpers are for old people. Say if you rode a 2-stroke with a powerband as broad as your crf, what would you say then?

thumpers are for old people. Say if you rode a 2-stroke with a powerband as broad as your crf, what would you say then?

I would say, go start your flame war elsewhere! :thumbsup:

When ever I start to feel the CRF getting too big or cumbersome or powerful or whatever, I go throw a leg over my 1988 CR500 thats been ported and polished with the carb bored and the head milled off blah blah blah...and I scare the living ba-geesus outa myself for three or four laps. At that point, the CRF feels like an XR100 and almost gets no respect :awww:

Never retreat! :devil:

:thumbsup: