Sign in to follow this  

chico - - trail ride ?

i'm headed up to chico for the weekend with a friend, and his girl. we're saddled up on 2 DRZ's and a XT225, we're looking for an relatively mellow, scenic ride. i found a jeep trial, the Ponderosa Trail, on the web . has anyone ridden this trial and/or know how to get to the trail head? :thumbsup: if another trail/dual sport ride in the chico area comes to mind, please do share.

Cant help you with a Chico ride but Zekedog lives up there and could probably

help you find something, send him a PM.

thanks for the info, i'll shoot that PM. i've seared my cornea's searching the web for rides and trails. mendocino national forest does offer some possiblities if we delay our arrival in chico by 24 hours. :thumbsup: anything for a ride. we have understanding family.

I sent you a pm back about Ponderosa. SOunds like it is right up you alley. My buddy and I rode about 3/4 of the way across toward paynes creek and wound up at 92 miles when we got back to the truck. A stop and swim in deer creek or mill creek is a must. Plenty to see and do. The truly daring would ride out to paynes creek drop down into redbluff, gas up and come back. I think you could tally close to 200 miles that way and you would definetely have a soar ass.

Hey Zekedawg, since your from Chico, where does that dirt road (I believe it's called 5 mile and passes the bidwell golf course) go and how far up can you ride that road. I'm plated and will most likely be up at Thanksgiving. Thanks

That is part of bidwell park, you can ride up there about 4-5 miles past the golf course. STAY ON THE ROAD. You will get the stink eye form any ranger that sees you and they may stop you so be 100% legal. I can hook you up with some better dual sport riding than that if you are interested.

Oh yea, I would love to check out the area. My wifes family live in Chico and my daughter is going to school there, so I'm in town a few times a year. :cry: