Sign in to follow this  

Questions regarding getting my grandson racing at Oakwood Arena! *DELETED*

Easy money Rick, no membership required just show up with money in hand. When you go to sign up just let them know how old your rider is, what he is riding, his number, and most importantly his skill level, and he will be set. Half the tracks run their classes by age ie, 50cc 4-6, 50cc7-11 so on, and some run them by skill level 50cc beg, 50cc jr, 50cc intermediate, and some do a combo of both 50cc 4-6 beg, 50cc 4-6 jr so on.The important thing is to get him in the right class, there are some kids on the 50cc Cobras & Ktm's that just flat out fly and are fearless when it comes to jumps, want that grandson to have fun :thumbsup: Have you thought about taking your grandson to one of these indoor places like the one in Kent or woodland to to try out a track in more relax enviroment. TT hosted a play day at Moto 321 a while back that was a good time maybe they'll do another sometime soon your grandson would have good time there and probably meet some future riding buddies :devil:

the Sunday rough scrambles (which is like Areancross, but even more cramped)

Unless it's changed in the last 2 years, it's a really tame track. I remember 4 singles, no more than 2ft high, and 1 table top. I remember watching the kids racing. Actually got some video of it. Except for the few "mini dads" it was really laid back, and only a few kids on at a time.

As far as what you need to race. When I was there, I believe the only requirement besides a helmet were googles. I think everyone had boots, but it sounds like he's got some already. No club memeberships or anything like that, just show up, and give them your money. Be sure to show up early so he gets to ride practice.

Good luck!

Jeremy