Sign in to follow this  

Wiring experts...

I bought a used GSX Katana light switch I am trying to wire on to my DRZ. The plug in didn't match so I am trying to match up wires...so far the horn and signal lights work but I can't seem to get the headlight to work. The diagram shows three wires involved...there are three posts on the back of the light l_l like that...the diagram shows the black and white wire from the harness going to the horn and to the _ post on the headlight.

Now this switch has three wires coming out of it dedicated to healights...two are yellow with red tracers and one white with red tracer.....

The yellow wire from the harness went to one of the yellow/red tracer wires from the switch and to the right l post on the headlight. The yellow/white loose wire from the harness went to the other yellow/red wire from the switch. The white/red wire from the switch went to the left l post on the light.

Now do I another part to make this work? Do I need to switch the wires around? Could it be a bad dimmer switch.

OH...and the starter doesn't work either...everything else is working.

black with white tracer is ground.......with out looking the wiring diagram in front of me,i wont be of much help.

but the black w/white shouldnt be going to the head light switch.