Sign in to follow this  

Adjusting my enzo sub tanks

I just bought a used 2002 YZ250F a few days ago and the guy i bought it off of put the enzo sub tanks on the front forks. I was wondering how i can adjust them for my weight because he has them way too stiff, i only way like 140lbs and the guy that owned it before me wayed like 220lbs. Thank you.

the subtanks are not what you should be looking at....

You will need to change the springs back to stock if they had been changed for his weight. Actually you might need to go even lighter on the springs than stock for your weight. I would then open the valves all the way on the subtanks. Also make sure the oil height is at 120mm. Then I would set the compression and rebound on the forks to 10 clicks out from all the way in. This is the suggested starting point from Enzo on the forks.

Thats odd. When Enzo set up my YZF with subtanks, he set the oil hieght at 90mm from 120mm.

But Id second everything suggested. An Enzo suspended bike for a guy that weights 220 would be crazy stiff for you.

If your looing for short term, you could just open the valves to 2.5 turns out. That should help a little, but its just going to be a little. :thumbsup:

Enzo suggests 1.5 on the bottles as a starting point.