Sign in to follow this  

Alternative to aftermarket valves

Just buy a whole new head and stock vavles/springs. You'll come out cheaper than some of the prices I've seen posted on here for just the KW or PC valves/springs alone and you'll have brand new valve seats. I guess maybe the ultimate (expensive) fix would be a new head and the stainless valves. :thumbsup:

I did a price check on Service Honda.com:

Item Number Description Qty-Pack List Price Each Our Price Each

12010-KRN-670 CYLINDER HEAD ASSY. 001 $322.04 $212.58

The problem with buying a whole new head is the fact that you risk the possibility of being in the same situation in another 30 hours..... with SS valves they arent going to stretch so generally i have heard they dont shift at all. most the 450 guys that switched to SS say that they havent had to adjust the valves and thats with like 80 hours on them.

I just checked my valves after about 40 hours (yeah I know that's way too long!) and they are all sitting perfect. I was actually expecting to shim them back to spec but it wasn't needed. I don't race yet and I probably don't ride the bike as hard as it was meant to be ridden but I ride almost everyday and my course gets me into 5th gear in a couple spots. I'm not putting around but I don't hit the rev limiter in every gear either.

Who knows, maybe these bikes have problems but mine has been absolutely rock solid since day one. I couldn't imagine riding a different bike.

Same story here,i have about 40 hours on mine and all is good so far.Mine have not moved at all,last check about 30 hours.I do use a lead/octane additive about every 2nd tank.

I did rev it out a little when it was new but now that i'm use the broad power band of the 4 stroke i don't feel the need to rev it as much.

I agree that i would also upgrade to SS valves when the time comes.It would be nice to rest easy on the issue.