Sign in to follow this  

Dual Exhaust DRZ 450 - SM

Ooh, an opportunity to post my pics of Schwantz's old bike from Laguna Seca again...cool. :thumbsup:

yosh_drz1.jpg

yosh_drz2.jpg

yosh_drz3.jpg

yosh_drz4.jpg

:devil:

Looks nice...but I doubt there is any benefit. After all...there is only one pipe coming out of the head. In fact all that has happened is that the extra weight of another muffler has been added.

Got to admit that it does look nice though.

ebay.. if you find one.. otherwise dealers. Arai has a policy that doesnt let any online shop to sell Arais.. :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a manufacturer for an under frame head pipe like the one on this bike? Single muffler application would be nice for a street motard.

actually i'm pretty sure that dual exhuast like that would hinder horsepower. It would not have a good exhuast speed because it would just be TOO wide open. It's like putting a 3.5" exhuast on a 1.5 liter honda civic. it will lose power because even though more volumn can get out the speed of the exhaust decreases actually causeing back pressure.

I agree that the twin muffler system would drop bottom end power a lot on a small displacement bike. I was thinking of a similar down pipe with single muffler, just for looks really. I see the ones on this bike are Yosh. I checked their web site but no real info on headpipes, just mufflers. Anyone know of down pipe manufactures for the DRZ400.

I agree that the twin muffler system would drop bottom end power a lot on a small displacement bike. I was thinking of a similar down pipe with single muffler, just for looks really. I see the ones on this bike are Yosh. I checked their web site but no real info on headpipes, just mufflers. Anyone know of down pipe manufactures for the DRZ400.

Well , Are those for sale anyway? never seen like...

Looks nice...but I doubt there is any benefit. After all...there is only one pipe coming out of the head. In fact all that has happened is that the extra weight of another muffler has been added.

How do you know this is the case? Running mufflers in parallel to increase flow while keeping backpressure is aproven concept. It works...at the expense of weight. I don't know if the trade off is worth it on a SM DRZ because I've never tested one. But something tells me that Yosh/Suzuki has. Just a guess. I doubt they'd do something like that if it slowed them down. Racing is racing. I would think they would need a cylinder head that flowed a lot of air to take advantage of that exhaust, but if the Yosh/Suzuki race team doesn't have a well flowing cylinder head then who does? :thumbsup:

How do you know this is the case? Running mufflers in parallel to increase flow while keeping backpressure is aproven concept. It works...at the expense of weight. I don't know if the trade off is worth it on a SM DRZ because I've never tested one. But something tells me that Yosh/Suzuki has. Just a guess. I doubt they'd do something like that if it slowed them down. Racing is racing. I would think they would need a cylinder head that flowed a lot of air to take advantage of that exhaust, but if the Yosh/Suzuki race team doesn't have a well flowing cylinder head then who does? :thumbsup:

yeah and i guess everyone that posted and said they wanted one has a million dollars of r&d on there bike to make sure the exhaust will work. even then i douht that .8hp will make a difference if the setup wieghs more than a regular high performance exhaust.

Yes like the Kawi. Was that a custom job or from someone who markets them? Strange it exits the head on the left rather than the right. That has to be the biggest seat ever to be put on a 400. Or is that the 300?

How do you know this is the case? Running mufflers in parallel to increase flow while keeping backpressure is aproven concept. It works...at the expense of weight. I don't know if the trade off is worth it on a SM DRZ because I've never tested one. But something tells me that Yosh/Suzuki has. Just a guess. I doubt they'd do something like that if it slowed them down. Racing is racing. I would think they would need a cylinder head that flowed a lot of air to take advantage of that exhaust, but if the Yosh/Suzuki race team doesn't have a well flowing cylinder head then who does? :devil:

yeah and i guess everyone that posted and said they wanted one has a million dollars of r&d on there bike to make sure the exhaust will work. even then i douht that .8hp will make a difference if the setup wieghs more than a regular high performance exhaust.

How much difference does 0.8 hp make in terms of lap times? It all depends on the rider. Pro riders would sell a kidney for another 0.8 hp. :thumbsup: