Sign in to follow this  

Seat Width complaints

there seem to be alot of seat complaints when it comes to Daul Sport bikes..i dont see why anyone doesnt come up with some kind of rigged padding for their seat, or why there arent companies making wide aftermarket touring seats for dual sports...any ideas? ive searched a little but havent come up with much.

Duke

I was going to make dual sport seats.

Butt :thumbsup: I can't find a place to sell me seat bases and foam.

It would cost too much to buy a SDG (or stock $300.00)then tear it apart.....

They (SDG) are in Socal I emailed them butt haven't called them yet.

I have another Idea for a wide dualsport seat cover to go over the stock and be removable.

Butt I'm not sure I can do it and have it be worth the cost and hold up to riding abuse. :devil:

I need a seat I can make prototypes with and without ruining my only seat so I can still ride durring the design prosess.

my idea is a saddle...the same idea as a real one for horses, etc...something wider that you can throw over the stock seat and strap it in somehow for long rides...seems like it'd be simple enough for any major aftermarket company to make..oh well

Duke

That is what I'm talkin bout Willis!

Maybe I'll make one up and see how it holds up. :thumbsup:

:devil: Hmm I could use a zipper or snaps or velcro...............

Anyway I finally called and they won't sell just parts and all the other seat guys get their seats from SDG.

So on to the next step.

Hello All,

I rode a Dual Sport ride years ago with a Dual Dog coordinator and he had a Corbin seat (looked just like a horse Saddle) on his XR.

Rickyracer :thumbsup:

Seen it.

That is sorta what it'll look like when I do it butt I supose I'll have to sell it for less or make it somehow better or different.

Butt be sure my seat will not be pastel pink/blue it'll be bad ass.....

$250 seems high butt after all my research it will be hard to build a ready to go seat for less.

Thats one reason I'm thinkin a removable sadle kinda thing.

First thing I did was call Corbin and ask if that seat was available in plain black. It is. They will make it for you in whatever material and whatever color you like at no extra charge. I asked them whatever possessed them to make that seat in blue/white? Dude said it probably looked like a good idea at the time.....

Yeah, it's pricey.

Go to www.advrider.com and check out user Bojangles seat work... Search Bojangle/seat or whatever and you will find high praise and examples of his work. I am sending him mine this week. Knowelgable guy and really nice as well - he is in Santa Rosa.

M