Sign in to follow this  

Good Deal???

Hey this really doesnt have anything to do with the CRF, but I used this forum a lot, and there are a lot of people in here that know there STUFF. I am looking to buy my Wife a KX 100 as her 1st bike, she like 2 smokes better then thumppers, My question is,, there is a 2002 kx 100 here for sell for 1800 bucks, it blue books for like 2300, this bike is in some pretty damn good shape. I was wondering what u all thnk? good deal? thanks.. :thumbsup:

If you say it's "pretty damn good shape"....and the sprockets/chain, forks not leaking, Top-end done...?.

I would say if all the above was done and looks okay, then

$1800 is a Very Good deal!! :thumbsup:

How much riding experience does your wife have? The reason I ask is because my wife went through the same thing. If your wife likes 2 strokes because of the sound or because her favorite rider rides one, that's the wrong reason. The KX100 is great little bike but is definitely much harder to ride than a 4 stroke. Your wife may not know what the best bike for her is and what may happen is that you buy her the KX100 and she'll get frustrated and want to get something else or just not want to ride at all. I'm not sure how good of a rider she is, but since you said it's her first bike, I assume that she is a beginner. There are plenty of good used thumpers that would be more in line with a beginner level rider than a KX100. I'm just tryin' to save you what I went through years ago. $1800 is a good price for the bike by the way...

thanks for all the replies, She likes riding 2 strokes, because the power band, I dont know why, lol I LOVE thumppers!! but whatever she wants I guess, were going to test ride it this afternoon :thumbsup: If she doesnt like it I can just give it to my nephew.. THANKS everyone