Sign in to follow this  

front washout elimination and falling tecnique?

Are you still runing your stock 739's on the front. If so as soon as posible thorw them away. I change my tires to bridgestone m202 and they are awesome havent washed out since.

check your suspension and tire pressure. I used to have a big problem with front end washouts and i was running way too much pressure up front. drop it to about 12psi( it varies with conditions) make sure your suspension is set up correctly. I like to keep my weight up front. i roll the bike under me, keep my weight up front, shoulders wide and high and keep your weight upright. drag your front brake a little. good luck, hope you heal soon.

Thanks shift. I think I was running too low a pressure (flat :thumbsup:) and now I'm at 14 (up from my normal 11 as an experiment. Maybe I'll split the difference and go 12 or so.

I'm working on dragging the front brake now. (or rather was)

11 shouldnt be too low. like i said it varies condition to condition. also the condition of your tire will make a big difference. Remember when you get back on and your going to drag the brake to make sure you have good control, because you dont want to lock up the tire just keep a constant force that will help to shift the weight forward.

have fun