Sign in to follow this  

how far between rebuilds

hey guys

i am looking at picking up a wr250f 2nd hand and they seem all good, but i am unsure how many miles roughly between rebuilds. i am worried about the shorter stroke and higher reving engine wearing out to quick.

i will clock up alot of miles as i ride almost every weekend and 2-3 times a week i would clock up easy 1000miles in 6-8 months

i dont wanna race but i just trail ride with friends sometimes open trails sometimes single track but long rides

i really dont want a bike to get rebuilt every 3-4months as i will start burning a hole in the wallet can anyone give me an indication

thanks for your advice in advance

you might wanna think about a wr 450 cus they dont need to be rebuilt as often cus they wont be spun up so hard unless your a pro which can redline practiclyy every bike. If your really worried get an xr. The top and should last a couple hunder hours of riding

thanks donut man

but do i lose any mileage capeabilty because of the bigger engine like i said i need alot of range from the tank

I race cross country and hare scramble as well as trail ride (race for fun) with my buddies. I think that the Yamaha is the most reliable engine on the market. The KTM is good too. I'd stay away from the other colors. :thumbsup: