Sign in to follow this  

Handle Bars for DRZ

Hi everyone,

After getting my bike back from the shop (nice new timing chain) last weekend I took it out to Mount MEE (West of Brisbane, Australia) to give it a work over.

I notice that when I descend steep hills I feel that I am bent over too much. I have also notice this when I am about to land after a jump.

I feel as if my handle bars are too low when I am standing.

What are the best options to increase the height of my bars?

I'm 6'2" and I had the same problem. After about 40-50 miles, my lower

back was so sore that I couldn't stand up any longer. I'm a stand on

the pegs sort of rider. I don't sit down much.

I installed the BigDR bar risers and Renthal Jimmy Button bars. I

believe that raised the bar height a total of 2-inches.

No more sore back! :thumbsup:

I have ordered the CR 2highs. They are taller then the Jimmy bars. Hopefully I can get enough height without the risers. I don't want to interfere with the Speedo mounting.

I'll let you know after I recieve them.

6'2", Renthal Button bends. No risers for me, as I ride street also - might make the front end a little too shakey.

If you got the $$, get a fatbar and adapters.

I am 6'7" and had the same problem. When I took my bike in for the first service, I had them install renthal tall bars. They are about 4 inches taller than the standard bars. I love the height. :thumbsup:

I went to Apex in the Springs and saw almost every tall Rental made. Not to impressive stuck on a supertall pair of steel bars that are far from mild steel like Suzuki uses and they are still on there. Had some good get offs too they aren't bent yet. They set me back all of 20 bucks. Im not getting any Renthals period. prairiedawg :thumbsup::devil::awww:

Can the BigDR's be mounted the other way around to be set back? I have a set ordered so their mot on my bike yet. I'm 6'5" and I like that they will bring the bars up but I don't think I will like them being moved forward.

When to the local shop today and got a set of risers, Pro Taper Bar and Scott grips.

The combo has raised the overall height by about 35mm. Did a 250km ride and it feels like a different bike. Standing at 110km/h is not a problem. Hard braking down a hill also no longer a problem.

Handle bars are no longer a problem when I get air, but the rider is still a bit of a problem :thumbsup:. I am working on that one.

Headshake at high speed (above 110km/hr) has also settled down. In general I am very happy. Just need to improve the forks as they are a little too soft.

I think the 606 tyre on the front may be a little too hard as well. I do like having the 606 on the back due to the amount of road work I do (I like heavy acceleration at the lights).

Any recommendations on a front tyre. I do about 30-40% road and 60-70% dirt.