Sign in to follow this  

Question for ShawnMC

I've noticed from some of your posts that you have a T/A pipe. I just puchased a 2004 CRF 450 and feel that the low end is a little weak. Is your bike an 04'? I know that you are very happy with the pipe. What did you have to do as far as jetting? I live in upstate NY @ low elevation. Do you have any other recommendations such as gearing, etc.? I ride 100% track. Thanks in advance for any input.

Dave

You want low end? The TA is your baby....!

I had one on my 2003 and it was mongo low end gains, the mid and top same as stock. Biggest low end gains of any pipe I have ridden, period, dyno tested and confirmed +6hp at 4000rpm.

I do not use it now because of other engine mods that needed a mid and top end capable pipe, but honestly, that TA is a GREAT choice for someone looking for low end power that "just works" :thumbsup:

i have one on my 04 and i love it. there are some times when i wish it would pull harder on top, but i got it for the low end, so i know that i shouldn't complain too much about its lack of top end. :devil: its a really great pipe. :awww: as far as jetting i couldn't tell ya, cuz i live in colorado ate um......like almost 8000 feet. sorry dude. :thumbsup:

Shoot me a pm and I'll give you a price on a ceramic coated one, only used 3 times. . . btw, I waited over a month and a half for mine to be built. . .

Id suggest you pick up the T/A from Furryballs and pick up a JD jetting kit and you'll wonder what the hell your going to do with that much bottom end. Someguys say the T/A signs off on the top, but I think they're tad lean on top but what ever...

Ive got an 03, but with the higher compression ratio on your bike it really responds to the T/A.

Thunder Alley link

With a fresh packing, its not all that much louder than the stocker. But its louder for sure. Ive heard 98db... :devil:

Sounds about right..it has a raspier sound than your average tin can, but not offensive. You want offensive, listen to my Supertrapp megaphone and Yosh stepped header custom built pipe...talk about loud :thumbsup: But it pulls on the upper mid and top like nothing else out there....it all depends on your needs. For a stock engine the TA is THE way to go for low end power. I did not find it signs off earlier than stock, just the same.