Oil questions

I am currently using Silkolene semi-synth, but locally its pricey and only available at a stealership for $11+ QT. I'm thinking of going to Redline, is there a semi-synth, I cant find one on-line, and I cant see any SL, SG, jaso ma ratings on the website. Which one is the DRZ oil and ok for the clutch? ? Also, is it true once you go to full synth you cant go back to semi or dino?

Thanks for the help, Mike -

I agree, thieves, its $6 at Rocky Mountain, but I didn't plan ahead and should really change my oil before a ride this weekend, so I'm looking for a substitute. I know you used Redline before Silkolene, can you give me the specifics of the one similar to the Silkolene semi-synth? Any problem mixing oils? I'd appreciate it. ?

Mike -

You will experience no problems switching or indeed mixing oils as long as they are both rated for the bike.

In fact, in most bikes you are actually "mixing" oils when you do an oil change. My FJR for instace, holds 5 qts. of oil but the oil change is only 4 qts. That means that at any time, I have 20% of my old oil in there. It is basically impossible to not mix oils.