Sign in to follow this  

Draining radiator???

Ok, I am going to put Engine Ice in my bike this weekend. Do you drain the radiator just from the hose? Do you need to drain coolant that is inside the engine?

What is the process for all this?

There is a bolt on the lower part of the water pump cover that you take out and it will drain the all the antifreeze. You don't necessarily need to drain the antifreeze to add Engine Ice, but if you haven't changed the anti freeze in over a year, it's not a bad idea to do it.

Go to engineice's website, they give you the complete run down on how to switch over in full detail. :thumbsup:

remove the radiator cap, then remove the drain bolt at the water pump, all the antifreeze will drain out. I always flush my system whenever I change coolant. Mix white venegar 50/50 with distilled water, fill the radiator up and start the bike and let it warm up real good, then drain the system again, this will clean out all deposits and crud from your system. Engine Ice is already diluted so just pour in the Engine Ice up to the filler neck, rock the bike back and forth a little to try to work the air out of the system, if the fluid level drops, just add more coolant up to the top of the filler neck.

Hey guys, Thanks again for the run daown. As usual this place is great help. :thumbsup: