Sign in to follow this  

1st ride problems?

I have an 04' 250 F about 3 weeks old. Every time i fire it up for the 1st ride of the day, it stalls for about 10 min. Put on choke for about a min., take off choke, and it will idle great. As soon as i give it any throttle, it dies. I kick it, fires up 1st kick every time, sounds great Idleing, and as soon as i touch throttle, it dies. I finally play with it enough to get going, and once I do, I don't have that problem the rest of the day. Kicks first time and runs great. Any suggestions about the start?????

Mine was like that. I just turned up the idle a little and warmed it up good before riding.

If it's running good the rest of the day, I wouldn't start tinkering with the jetting.

just turn the idle up... same thing happened to me. Also make sure the bike is warmed up. Dont let it over heat tho. :thumbsup:

This isn't a 2-stroke; let it sit on choke for a minute! :thumbsup:

Depending on the temperature outside, it will need 45sec to a couple min. to be warm enough to run without stalling.

4-strokes operate at much higher temps in the cylinder, and therefore take longer to warm up to a temperature at which it will run. An easy visual is to keep an eye on the head pipe- when you see some good heat waves coming off it, you're probably ready to go.