Sign in to follow this  

The new Million Dollar Question?

How much weight do you think a person could shave from the new crf450x and from where? :thumbsup:

Exhaust, lighter battery or lose the electric start if you really wanna go crazy, lose the headlight and tail light, carbon fiber gadgets, titanium bolts, does it have an antifreeze catch bottle? I guess it depends how much $$ you want to throw at a bike. I would probably cost less to start with a CRF450R and add stuff to it like the wide ratio tranny, 18" rear wheel, different suspension valving and some bark busters if you could live without the electric start. I understand the rake/trail is different on the X versus the R model so I'm curious if it will make that big of a difference. What did I miss?

Also, after looking at your bike's profile of goodies, I would say your current bike would be hard to beat...

If your going to remove the e-start and lights just get a CRF450R and put a Z-Start auto-clutch in and re-valve the suspension for off-road. Instant woods weapon.

How much weight do you think a person could shave from the new crf450x and from where? :thumbsup:

Take the weight of the "X" and subtract the weight of the "R". The difference is the weight I can save you....and I'll give you $money$ back.