Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F's don't have valve problems !!!!

and actually, they do have valve problems, just not as much. i know 2 guys personally that have ran into valve issues on there yzfs.

and actually, they do have valve problems, just not as much. i know 2 guys personally that have ran into valve issues on there yzfs.

Yeah but I bet they don't maintain their bikes properly. It seems like a lot of Honda owners are having valve problems despite maintence.

Another round of bike wars? :thumbsup:

My CRF kicks ass and has no valve issues or oil problems whatsoever. I won't argue that there have been more issues than I would like to see but you're browsing a CRF forum. I would expect to see nothing but problems listed here. If you're not having problems, what would you post about? I'd bet that CRF owners having valve/oil issues make up less than 1% of CRF owners.

Back when the YZF250 1st came out i was talking with a guy that had done the top end on his 2 times in that season and it was only July.

Muahaha, my 2005 has no valve issues or oil burning problems...but it does have one major issue..it has an alluminum frame, it makes the bike really light...I'm sorry, does the YZF have that? No...I don't think so... :thumbsup:

Ohh wow...a whole two pounds*. Big deal. And Kawi's dry weight is just slightly less than the CRF's w/o an aluminum frame. All of the MX 250F's are within a couple pounds of each other.

*going by manufacturer published specs.

The CRF alum frame is only 4 pounds lighter than the YZF. But the YZF does have a more relaible engine.

some background info on the picture. The engine is from an '03 YZ250F. The bike had 1 season of riding/racing. The owner is a novice rider and changes the oil regularly. Obviously, the rod let loose. It is now jammed solid between the crank and the case and doesn't look like it can be removed without destroying the case. Of course, many other engine parts are not salvagable. :thumbsup:

I'd bet that CRF owners having valve/oil issues make up less than 1% of CRF owners.

Man you guys are in such denial! The actual number bantered about the industry is closer to 20 - 30%. Honda makes a great bike in almost every aspect and although not everyone will experience it they definitely have a problem here. You guys need to get Honda to own up and quit sticking it to the owners.

Muahaha, my 2005 has no valve issues or oil burning problems...but it does have one major issue..it has an alluminum frame, it makes the bike really light...I'm sorry, does the YZF have that? No...I don't think so...

if its brand new your obviously not gonna have probelms until a couple months go by. Duhhhh

The CRF250's aren't have ANY widespread valve problems, they are having valve SPRING problems.

The stock units blow more **** than a hooker on dollar day, face it. The YZ250f's have a 3 year jump on the others and Yami-hami has a 4 year jump on racing thumpers in general.

CRF guys, just do what i did (along with many others) to my crf450/s and just toss in sum heavier springs. I have done this to EVERY bike i've had regardless of brand on and i'll be damned if i ever had to reshim a single thing under that head cover.

That $195 is a very good investment.