Sign in to follow this  

Where can I buy the Dunlop 90/100 x 21 front tire?

I've decided that I will try to buy my way to get faster!

Actually there is a little tidbit in Motocross Action about how muuch better the 90/100s work and that all of the pros are now using them. Also the new RMs come w/ them stock apparently.

I'm interested in trying to chase down the soft compound. The model # was somethin like FA008 or something. Where can I buy one of these?

I don't think you can yet, the article mentioned only going forward once Dunlop promised they would be released "sometime in 2004" - but I bet it won't be long - as now everyone will want to try one.

Kirk

I want one of these myself, but before getting too anxious you shoudl go back a few years in MXA.

They had at least 50 articles on how the 20 inch front tire was going to change the sport of motocross.

I think MXA has their lips firmly planted on the ass of every Dunlop executive.

The tire will probably be ok. Maybe a slight inmprovement, but nothing to write home about.

For the heck of it, try one of the Chin Shin 3.25x 21 tires. Their cheap.They are fairly crappy, but the extra width might give a slight clue as to how much difference the size is going to make.

Um, thanks. I guess I'll try working out more than the 5 days a week I currently do.

Actually front end confidence is everything to me. It is no exageration that when I put a 756RR on the front of my bike I dropped a solid 5 seconds per lap over my previous tire (a non-Dunlop).

Although the rider is always the key ingredient, a well set up bike can do wonders for your confidence. So I'm always trying to slighly improve my set up.

My '05 will start off w/ the best rubber $ can buy, a steering damper, etc.

Anyways, I wanted to bump this to the top just in case someone else might have an idea where I can dig up this front tire.

Any ideas?