Sign in to follow this  

Leak Jet #40????

In the month my 2003 YZ250F has gone from running perfectly, to garbage. The low end bog is impossible to cure. Last night I spent $75 dollars on a P38 Lightning, and it did nothing. Everytime I try to purchase a #40 leak jet, the shop looks at me like i'm speaking a foreign language. I'm going to repack my Dr D pipe tonight, and if that does'nt work, I',m going to see if throwing it into a lake fixes the problem.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Mark

Is thier another name for the leak jet, it is'nt listed anywhere on a drawing of the carb

page 4-12 in the manual calls it a leak jet.

I think you may be chasing up the wrong tree on this though. If it ran fine before, changing a jet isnt the answer.

The 40 leak jet is a WR item not a YZ item and the yamaha store will never find it under the YZ parts fische.

Owenlo #723 :thumbsup:

If you can't get a Yamaha dealer around you to just order it by part number call BSY at 888-BSY-FAST. Talk to Rod or Jo and tell them Alex Gonzalez sent you. They will hook you up.

Leak Jet or Bleed Jet for Yamahas, just found out that the 2004 Kawasaki 250F has the Keine Carb as well, their part is called a Power jet and it fits, I used a #55 all they had in stock.

Shane

First ride will be tonight. I had zero packing left in the pipe, that definitely could be part or all of my problem. The bike sure is easier on the ears. I'll tell you tomorrow how it worked.

I tried to order the same thing from the dealership and they also looked at me funny. Go to www.worldofpowersports.com and put this part number 4JT-1494F-03-00. It costs like 9 bucks plus 7 bucks ups shipping. mine is on the way.

You do know the last post was 1 year ago right? Also you got bumped on that shipping price. It should have cost you $.37, or the price of a stamp since that is all you will need to ship it. All you needed to do was give the part number to the dealership and say, ORDER THIS PART. That way you would not have paid shipping. :D