XR for sale??

I hate to do it but I rode a friends YZ 250f this past weekend and it was awsome incredible fantastic... Did I leave anything out? I also rode another buddies CRF 450 and that thing is a beast almost to much power (geared for racing). It just kinda makes my XR seem puny and I have lost all intrest in mods and even owning it I would love to keep it cause it was my 1st bike. But dont know if I will be able to. All I can say is the XR 400 did its job with me it taught me how to ride and enjoy the sport but I think I am ready to move up.

xriwoa Im thinking the same next year ? i seem to be riding more mx than trails but every time i go to buffalo range in il. i fall in luv with my xr again :devil: i hate to get rid of it cuz including the price i bought it for and everything i did to it i got around $9700.00 in it but it does cook and never has let me down :awww:

I'm kind of in the same spot, BUT...

I've ridden a whole bunch of bikes over the last few weeks - CR250R, CRF250R, CRF250X, CRF450R. Each time I think one of them is the next one for me, I ride another and find a whole new angle. Then I ride my XR4 and it, too, is a whole new bike when you compare AFTER riding the others.

My point is - I wouldn't make a decision after one ride. I found the CR250R incredible in it's quick hit, the CRF250R was smoother, the 250X was really smooth, the 450R incredible, but they all had a knock too. Really tight suspension on the MX bikes and a little soft on power for the 250X.

(I also like a kickstand, slightly softer suspension and a bit more flywheel right now).

Just an opinion.

(Current thought - wait for the CRF450X and swallow hard when it's finally here!)

I thought about getting a new bike at times. The past week Ive been riding a friends rm125 that is bored to like a 140 or something around there. With all the other goodies. Its really fun for the fist 5 mins then I just get bored on it and want my xr back. I have yet to get bored on my 426. Xriowa, make sure you get good seat time on another bike before you ride it. When I first rode the rm I was like sweet I want one of these then 4 mins later I wanted back on my bike. I guess you could always keep your bike and have it for offroad and then buy a cr250 for the tracks. Since you can get those cheap and they dont have to poor reliability of the new 4strokes. Also cheaper rebuilds. This is all just a thought. But I know youll come crawling back to your xr. ?

I spent a few hours on the 250f Younggun and it suited me perfectly!! Have you rode the new 250 4 strokes its like a light XR The thing was awsome I doubt I will ever be unhappy with it.. I will ride a KX250f this week then when we go to Colorado I get to ride a KTM 525 ?

Unlike women, motorcycles don't get jealous if you have two or more.

My plan has been keeping my XR400 as a dual-sport and get a second race bike.

The YZ250F seems like a good opposite. Light and nimble.

My friend picked up a CR250R to compliment his BRP (XR650R).

Injuries have kept me off my XR400, so another bike isn't in the plans right now, but the short list would be CR250R, YZ250, YZ250F, KTM300EXC.

There is no universal do it all bike... maybe a CRF250X with a plate, uncorked, 300cc kit, and stainless steel valves. ?