What is the Best Tire

I was hoping that someone could give me a good ideal go a good tire for dual Sport use. My concern is of course Off road performance as well as a tire that is hardy enough for on road use and won't wear out so fast if used on road. My last tire only lasted 5 major rides before showing major wear (about 70% dirt / 30% road.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Ps Hi Keith and Lisa

I run the Kenda K270's front and rear. They are a 50/50 tire. The rear I run is a 5.10x18 and is a 6 ply tire. I have over 4000 miles on them and need to replace the rear. the front is still good for about another 2000 miles or so. I ride 80% street and the offroad here is sandy soil. I have no complaints for this tire. They are inexpensive and hold up well. I can run at high speeds with my friends on, their sport bikes, in the twisties and venture off into the dirt without any worries. Wet reaction on wet pavement is a little slippery but you get used to it. The 6 ply tire is hard to break in but hooks up well when it is. The tire is just what it is a 50/50 tire, it does double duty equaly. I am sure there are better dirt tires and better street tires but this one works the same on both. If you want a good tire at a good price this is the one.

My 2 cents worth.

Ray H

I'd rather run a tire that will give me better traction where I need it in the dirt, and give it up where it's not needed on what little street I ride on. I ran the Dunlop 756 for last year's LA-B2V, and am running a Maxcross IT this year. I still like the 756's traction , but it wears fast. They aren't DOT Approved, but oh well! ?

Ok, Who makes the Terra Flex. I have considered trying the kenda k250 but was also looking at the Kenda K760 Trak Master II. Sense the Majority of my riding is off road, I am more looking for a tire that will perform well off road and give me better wear performance when used on road, I am not really concerned with On road performance other than wear

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I just put a new Kenda 760 trackmaster on the front of my DR and I'm very happy with its performance off-road. It is a very aggressive DOT approved tire, and I've been told it wears like iron compared to other aggressive knobbies. When my rear Kings Tire wears out I'll be replacing it with a Kenda trackmaster rear. FYI, the Kings tire is also DOT approved and fairly aggresive, but takes alot of effort and finnesse to get it to hook-up when things are slick, in-other words, I won't buy another Kings.

I use the K760,you have to be careful on the seal,but on big lean angles the rear will walk out on the knobs rather than slide...well for me anyway.Off road performance drops quickly with wear - my rear is down to 5mm and is marginal on traction,that's 3,000km,mostly gravel and seal.