Sign in to follow this  

not XR but XL q?

found a decent 1985 honda XR350 when i went to look at it it was a XL well its 400 OBO cant belive it runs and rides good. is this a deaL? any info is good i might get it this week. should i offer 300 haha

Hi, yes the old dual sports were called XL's. My buddy had an XL80 that was a kid size dual sport. 400 bucks sounds cool for a beater mud bike/trail bike, or even transportation if it's titled still. Sure, offer them 300 but I'd buy a beater bike for 400 bucks. Good luck

<font color="navy">I had an '85 XR350 and loved that bike. If the one you're looking at is the same as the XRs (except for the metal tank and street equipment), go for it (single carb model, right?). It was a great bike, bulletproof, ran great, and kept me happy until the XR400s finally came out. If you're not looking to race, the XR350 is a great trailbike. If the suspension hasn't been breathed on yet, you might want to use that factoid to talk them down a bit. The suspension is definitely dated by today's standards, but can be brought back to life with a little service, new springs, valving, etc. "OBO" is always asking to be talked down a bit...

cool i looked up blue book it was like 900 at a dealer and 525 trade in. the chassis and shocks really such but i got a complete 1984 Yamaha TT600 thumper roller i could stuff the engine in easy haha. then sell the rest and get it for nothing, i think i will buy it, gotta call him 2nite