Sign in to follow this  

"04 "S" carb top cap/little o-ring question

I noticed when I removed the top on the carb there was no small o-ring for the vacumn block off like all the other Suzuki's I have messed with in the past. Did Suzuki do away with it on the '04 DRZ "S"? or did they forget to install one on my bike. I know it never fell out upon removing the cap because I was expecting it to be there & payed close attention to catch it but of course it was not there to begin with. No vacumn block off on the carb cap at all. Just curious because my carb cap looks different from the Ron Ayers '04 fiche diagragm. I have no line plugged into the top of the carb. :thumbsup:

Just curious is all since the bike runs fine.

If you look at the carb body, where that o ring would sit,, you should find that it is a blind hole.... In our application (single carb) that hole,, and thus the o ring are not used/needed. Sounds like mother suzuki remembered that this year and left out the oring at a savings of $.00000000001 per bike

Thanks bronco I thought I was seeing things correctly. Yes there is a blank there, no hole. I once had one fall out on a Bandit 1200, caused me all sorts of grief! I remember those small devils all to well that is why I was looking/expecting one to fall out when I removed the top. Then I was reading a thread in the jetting section & a guy made reference to the little o-ring on his '04, I was like I don't remeber one of those on mine :devil: Then I go to Ron Ayers fiche & they show one along with a different top cap. Man I was confused & I was thinkg oh crap the little devil has hit me again :awww:

Oh well appreciate the clarity of the situation. :thumbsup: