Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Header Pipe Help Please !

Guys firstly I'd like to say hi from the UK, this is my first post sorry it a cry for help.

I've had my DRZ400S-K3 for around 2 months now and think it's great. Even managed my first enduro in 18 years on it.

I have just bought a CRD Perfomrmance II tail pipe and matching header pipe. All was going reasonable well except for the fact that the new tail pipe hardly uses any standard mounting points.

On firing the bike up all sounded good, but once up to temp I noticed a bad smell. Traced it to the coolant pipe coming from the engine on the right hand side that goes over to the left hand rad. It was touching the header pipe and melting away on contact. I have tried to cable tie it out of the way but it still seems way too close at around 5mm and seems to be gradually slipping back into contact.

Anybody had anything similar when fitting a new header and has anyone got any ideas ?

Many Thanks for your time.

Glen

Try loosening the pipe up a bit, especially the headpipe, and use a pry bar to gently put it where you want it. Then tighten it down again.

Don't laugh :devil: it worked with mine and after the first time I installed it and did it, every time after it went on no problem. :thumbsup: I didn't pry hard enough to bend anything just lightly to move the pieces to where I wanted them.