Sign in to follow this  

Oil change uphill or downhill?

Easy question hopefully ;-)....my drive is on a slight 5% slope, which way should I point her to get maximum drainage out of the sump?

Ya know,, I've typed three smart A$$ replys,,,erased each one :thumbsup::awww: and then went for the forth when I :lol::D Maybe he's not pulling our leg :lol:

How about you park the bike 90 deg to the slope, with the kick stand down hill. Place a piece of wood under the kick stand to level the bike :devil:

Ya know,, I've typed three smart A$$ replys,,,erased each one :thumbsup::awww: and then went for the forth when I :lol::D Maybe he's not pulling our leg :lol:

How about you park the bike 90 deg to the slope, with the kick stand down hill. Place a piece of wood under the kick stand to level the bike :devil:

i typed a few smart comments and decided against it too :D :D :snore::awww:

ok, ok...just pick on the new guy ;-)

I was just wondering if there was any advantage (i.e. it would drain better if it was sloping one way or not), was kind of hoping the slope was going to benefit me....

from your replies, I think I should try and stay on the level from here on in...

Place kickstand on a brick or a 2x4 chunk that puts it pretty darn close to straight up and down. That works the best. Now just do those and filter changes frenquently and your bike will last a real long time. prairiedawg :thumbsup: