Sign in to follow this  

Oil???

What are you guys running for oil???.....I've been doing the Motorex thing but it's just difficult to get around here. anyone have a suggestions for me??.

I've heard about people running ATF because of its high sheer strength???....know anything about that??

ktms forever.........

NEVER EVER USE AUTOMOTIVE OILS OR ATF IN YOUR RFS KTM.

Always use a Motorcycle specific, Synthetic or at least semi-synthetic JASO [MA] rated oil. NEVER EVER A SAE SL rated oil.

Don't be cheap buy a case at a time and your shop will cut you a better price on the oil at case prices.

Cher'o,

Dwight :thumbsup:

I have been running AMSOIL 20-50 Vtwin synthecic motorcycle oil and have been very pleased. THe motor seems to run a little bit cooler and the tranny shifts smoother. Just a thought but there are lots of good oils out there. I would pass on the ATF oil. Although we used to use it to clean out our engines on my older XR's. We would fill it up and run it for a few minutes then drain it out. It does a better job of getting the grime out of your engine but I dont know how it would work on the new KTM's.

I've got 3000 miles on Valvoline Max-Life in my DRZ with no problems and I have a couple ride in on my 450SX with Valvoline 4 Stroke motorcycle oil in the crankcase no issues yet.

NEVER EVER USE AUTOMOTIVE OILS OR ATF IN YOUR RFS KTM.

Always use a Motorcycle specific, Synthetic or at least semi-synthetic JASO [MA] rated oil. NEVER EVER A SAE SL rated oil.

Don't be cheap buy a case at a time and your shop will cut you a better price on the oil at case prices.

Cher'o,

Dwight :lol:

:thumbsup::devil::awww: NEVER CAR OILS. :D:lol: