Sign in to follow this  

**CFC's** I just got 'em, and...........

Well I just got my CFC's from TT and I must say, &%$#@!. :thumbsup:

Who designed these? Not to take anything away from them, as I know most everybody loves them and has nothing but good things to say about them. But I just don't see how this can be considered an "upgrade" as opposed to a "Band-Aid". Maybe it's just the engineer in me always wanting to over build everything, but I just dont get it.

Maybe someone can explain the CFC story of success to me.

Well, it's like this...you can ride without a helmet, but one day

you're gonna get your skull cracked open.

Same thing with CFC covers.

What's not to understand?? :thumbsup:

Well... They are a band-aid really. To fix the vulnerability of the cases. But thats Suzukis fault.

You could have bought Carbon fiber clutch cover and ignition cover from Eline.

CFCs are bang for buck slap it on and go. :thumbsup:

they are a band-aid, an upgrade would be covers made of aluminum. you can get a new clutch side cover, but nobody makes the mag side. there is nothing else on the market that gives you a decent amount of protection for the price. they do work, you already know what happens when you don't have them.

engineer something better and we'll all buy it.

Well, it's like this...you can ride without a helmet, but one day

you're gonna get your skull cracked open.

Same thing with CFC covers.

What's not to understand?? :thumbsup:

A helmet will absorb impacts, unless you use an inch of silicone, the CFC's will just transmit the hit to the covers. The covers will still break, but the half a tube of silicone used to hold them on keeps them from leaking all the engines "blood" onto the ground. I would bet that any hard hits taken on a CFC resulted in a broken cover, you just don't know it.

they are a band-aid, an upgrade would be covers made of aluminum. you can get a new clutch side cover, but nobody makes the mag side. there is nothing else on the market that gives you a decent amount of protection for the price. they do work, you already know what happens when you don't have them.

engineer something better and we'll all buy it.

CF is not the best material for this type of work. Not unless it is manufatured to VERY tight tolerances (low resin ratios, low void compaction, and structural reinforcements in critical areas). a CNC'ed cover would be ideal. All the MACHINIST's (hint hint :thumbsup::devil:)on TT, and no one has made an ignition side yet? Or better yet, a matched set.

Band aid??, maybe but I've got some pretty good rock scars on mine that I'm sure would have opened the side covers!!. There maybe something better but not at the price of the CFC,s. For me and others I know that use them they've done a good job. :thumbsup:

btw,the cost of a billet stator cover will be horendous.take a look at how thick the billet stock would be.

burned,

What would you guess,maybe $250-350 range? :thumbsup: I know a fairly "simple" billet clutch cover for a KTM is about $140.

I strongly suggest you put them back in the package and return them,., In fact If I was the owner of CFC, I would return your money and pay to have them returned. With out even looking at your other posts, just from this one,, you are clearly one customer who will not be satisfied.. Even when sold a proven product, even when given clear evidence and testimonials from trusted sources that the product works.. You still find a way to attempt to discredit the product,,, .

Feel free to build a better product, at a reasonable cost, with user friendly set up and install,, and most of all,, One that works anywhere near as well as the CFC covers. :thumbsup: If you do that,, And support the customer base that you wish to resale to,, I'll stand in line with my money in hand to buy um from you. :devil:

NOTE: These opinions in no way reflect any position of the Ownership of TT, they are solely my opinions.

what did you think they were going to be? you've seen pictures of what they look like installed, you knew they get glued on with silicone. did you think they were a titanium force field around the side of your engine for $40? should they be 1/2" thick steel?

that thin piece of aluminum at least doubles the thickness and rigidity of the side cases, not to mention how durable aluminum is compared to magnesium.

the stock case is so brittle the shift lever's has been know to crack it in a fall over.

ok, ok, I get the hint.... :thumbsup:

Burned, Bronco, no attempt at bashing of the CFC's was intentionally made on my part. If it was taken as such, then I applogize. And I do believe I stated in my earlier post that I KNOW that they have been used and abused by TT'ers from all over and have mostly been given a huge thumbs up. I was only asking for clarification of their intended purpose (ie. upgrade vs. Band-Aid).

I have NEVER made a post on TT reguarding parts or mods, that wasn't impartial in illustrating pros and cons. I aknowledged that they worked, my question was how. Pardon me for not blindly "accepting" something at face value.

C'mon guys, cut me a little slack.

-Scott

One of my riding buddies,(greybeard), had his bike fall off the stand in his garage, busted the ignition side cover. 185 $,s to replace, he got the CFC,s after that and despite many crashes the side covers have survived just fine!!. Imagine breaking a cover when you hours from help!!, our rides take us deep into the widerness country and the damage to my CFC,s and my W/B skid plate show that they are money well spent!!!!. :thumbsup:

ok, ok, I get the hint.... :thumbsup:

Burned, Bronco, no attempt at bashing of the CFC's was intentionally made on my part. If it was taken as such, then I applogize. And I do believe I stated in my earlier post that I KNOW that they have been used and abused by TT'ers from all over and have mostly been given a huge thumbs up. I was only asking for clarification of their intended purpose (ie. upgrade vs. Band-Aid).

I have NEVER made a post on TT reguarding parts or mods, that wasn't impartial in illustrating pros and cons. I aknowledged that they worked, my question was how. Pardon me for not blindly "accepting" something at face value.

-Scott

ive got no problem with a legitamate gripe.

explain to me what about them you didnt get from the hundreds of posts about them?

ok, ok, I get the hint.... :awww:

-Scott

Scott, slack cut :devil: But ya,, it did read (to me at least) that you posted for the mere purpose of blasting the CFC covers.. as "BandAid" non quality, ect ect..

Take nothing on blind faith, :thumbsup: , you purchased them based on need, and the word of others,, Now try um your self, and give us another review, good or bad,, Just make it one of use, not simply a misguided perception :lol:

I'm with you sonorawfo I have had mine in every concievable rock garden I could think of. They have scratches all over them but are still hanging in there. If these Colorado boulders don't bust them they will just about take anything. No they don't look like a lot till they are properly mounted then you have peace of mind. My bike has never failed me because the CFC guards didn't do the job. That's high praise because I've tore up many a bike. prairiedawg :thumbsup::awww::devil: