Sign in to follow this  

Exaust??

I've wanted to upgrade my exaust but simply can't afford it right now. I saw a FMF Powercore IV2 on ebay that I can afford,(if the bidding does'nt go to high??). My question is what is the DB level with this silencer??. We're 96 DB to be legal in the national forest, I'd like to shed a few pounds but still be legal. Any info would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'm not worried about a few dents when the price goes from 200+ to less than 50, dollars!!!. :thumbsup:

I have that pipe. It is way loud. With the optional quiet core insert, I tested at 100db.

100db with the quiet insert?! Wow - that won't cut it in CA.

Thats what I was worried about!!!. Yhis year it,s 96 DB, next year they're talking 92 DB. I'm not to worried about the DRZ??. But I may have to park the CR!!!. It really upsets me that we are held to these noise reqiurments??, yet street riders, (Harley!!!!), are allowed to blow thru town and set off every car alarm in the area

I ran into the same problem and ended up buying the FMF Q-series just to ride at Big Bear. That was the only pipe I found, other than stock that met the dB requirement for California. I dB checked it and it was like 93dB (if I remember correctly). I normally run a DSP titaniuim with header and it idles at 103 dB and hits about 116dB if you snap the throttle.

The Q series pipe has a good bottom end torque range which worked well for the trails. Definetely was nothing like the DSP when it came to the top end power.

It really upsets me that we are held to these noise reqiurments??, yet street riders, (Harley!!!!), are allowed to blow thru town and set off every car alarm in the area

:devil::thumbsup::awww: Tell me about. We don't have noise laws were I live but we get lots of Harley riders. What cracks me up is when I go down the road and see a guy on a Harley wearing ear plugs. IMO the Harley thing is a religion. Don't get me wrong I think the bikes are cool but why do the riders have to dress like it's Halloween?

:lol::D:lol:

I'm very curious...

Not coming from an area like yours where they set these noise level laws...

How do they enforce them???????

I mean is there a Park Ranger there with a sound meter checking as you roll by him at a certain speed in a certain gear? That's how it's done at Enduros but I can't imagine them getting this elaborate in a National Forest Setting...

Who's gonna be able to tell the difference between 96db and 92db without really using Audio testing equipment. It takes at least a 3db difference in audio level for the human ear to even perceive a difference...Just really curious how they are going to enforce these audio level requirements???