Sign in to follow this  

125 or 250f?

I need help deciding on getting a new 250F or a new 125. the 250f's are better i think but im almost 15 and 5'7'' 130 pounds so it's a little big for me and I dont know if a 250f will be too big and heavy, a light one would be great though.Any one help? :devil::thumbsup:

go for the 250F. i dont have one but im almost 15 and its the perfect size for me. im 6 feet, 170lbs tho. still saving up for one.

A 125 will force you to learn to use the clutch, so even though you may be slower now, when you do move up to a bigger bike you will have better skills (mostly clutch) than if you just start on a 4-stroke.

Personally I like to have one of each laying around, but that is hard on the old pocketbook.

i replied in my honda post. but it works pretty good. if u ride fast int he woods u can keep it in the power band cuz its gotta long 1st. and the power band is kinda high rpm.

I would go for the 125, its alot lighter & easier to work on plus 4-strokes need alot more maintenence these days.

Get a 250f, 125s are dead. I was watching a fairly big race this weekend and the 125 A class only had 1 two stroke in the entire class, a yz125. I bet that 60% of the bikes in that class were kx250fs too, followed by rmz250s then yz250fs and there were only two crfs. I was pretty surprised, seems like the opposite on this website.

I think that personally u should ride a 125 smoker for a year or so...cuz then when u do get on the thumper u will be much faster thats what I did and thats also what bubba did. He said that he was glad he chose to ride the smoker cuz it pushed him more :thumbsup:

wait for a 250ktm fourstroke to come out it is quoted to make 40hp straight outa the box!!!!!!! :awww::lol::D:thumbsup::devil:

the ktm 250f isnt very good i can get a factory race bike only becuse the dealer got 2 fatory race bike they seid the 250 and 450 are kinda slugish i hate to say that becuse i love ktms i use to ride them

:naughty:2 strokes are not dead! THEY WILL NEVER DIE. :thumbsup: Almost every person i have met wants a 2-stroke, but how many people can afford to have 2 bikes?

We all know Bubba who rode two strokes for a great time. At Gelen Helen at the finals. Bubba went to the four stroke, which he got a better start. On top of that lead the race with less work, and smoother. I myself ride a thumber, as almost everyone in the b,a class do. You have to be someone like Kurt Caselli , which I saw him lose to an class b rider for he was rider a thumber, and was alot smoother. I can see that Kurt Caselli was so much faster, but got pulled. I am not taking a big huge track, I taking about LACR. If you dont know who Kurt is a factory rider for KTM,and brotherhood industries. I remmber seeing him on his thumbers, which seems he was alot faster back then.OO Yea one other thing, the kid that beat Kurt in the 250 class was ridering a 2 stroke same as Kurt, which Curt was gone.Kurt also rolled a few jumps to show his lead as he looked back. :thumbsup::devil:

Get the 250F! Trust me, it will be SOOOOOOOOO much better... up the hills... everywhere! You wont regret yer decision :thumbsup:

05 yz 125. Ive heard 186 dry wieght. Thats 20 lbs lighter than a 250f. Like was said, a 125 will teach you alot more about how to be smooth and to carry your speed. Plus the new yz125 is supposed to have about 35hp. You are still young, you can get a 250f or even a 450f next time, but for now, learn the hard way, you will be faster in the end, getting a bike with gobs of low end will only teach you to be lazy. :cry:

PS I held out on buying my 250f for 2 yrs. Never thought I would be placing top 3's in A class races when I started riding.