Sign in to follow this  

car oil trans wear pics

heres the requested pics of worn trans.mobil1 at its finest. :thumbsup:

most of the gears in this trans are toast.the shift drum and shift forks are fine.the rod is worn out as well.

this bottom end was purchased from a member here that is/was a devout mobil1 user.

unfortunately unknown to him he was about to have major doo-doo.

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Well Eddie how long we been singing Silkolene Synthetic to the masses. I almost feel like a broken record. It works, your bike will love ya for it 15/50 Pro is the best dang stuff I have seen. My tranny is almost an automatic. You think about shifting and your foot just barely moves and the shift is done. I know mine will last a lot longer because of this oil. I raise holy hell when my buddy don't have any. prairiedawg :thumbsup:

I use Mobil 1 motorcycle specific oil. The only synthetic mc specific oil in the area. I take it it is not very good according to the photo's.

Wow, that sure ain't pretty! I think I'll stick with Redline :thumbsup:

which mobil1 were they using? how often did they change it?

just curious, i'm a firm beliver in mc specific oil.

redcap as i remember.fairly regular interval.

the piston was still attached to the rod and it looked fine.

How the hey did the oil that was used affect the cogs like that? That pitting looks severe. Sure there aren't any metal chunks slapping around in there? :devil::thumbsup:

How many miles on that tranny? I am about to open mine this fall. I run Mobil 1 MX4T and it has 15,000 miles. At 7,500 miles I broke a cog off one of the gears, 4th driven, and the all gear surfaces still had the milling marks on them. I am planning on putting in a stroker crank and was planning on replacing some of the tranny bushings, while apart. I sure hope my tranny looks better then that one.

How the hey did the oil that was used affect the cogs like that? That pitting looks severe. Sure there aren't any metal chunks slapping around in there? :thumbsup::devil:

car oils do not have the EP additive packages to deal with the gears or clutch.the gears constantly smash the oil to death.

no foreign material found.

How many miles on that tranny? I am about to open mine this fall. I run Mobil 1 MX4T and it has 15,000 miles. At 7,500 miles I broke a cog off one of the gears, 4th driven, and the all gear surfaces still had the milling marks on them. I am planning on putting in a stroker crank and was planning on replacing some of the tranny bushings, while apart. I sure hope my tranny looks better then that one.

hard to say.its a E that was never dual sported.....

it is definatley not a spring chicken.

Guys the is this or that oil ok to use,, is a never ending issue. Very few comparative tests have been done,, and from I've read nothing recently has been done at all.. The few recommendations you see from Burned, or others,, is based on actual use of a product and the ability to see the parts after use... I do not think anyone is saying all, some, most oils suck, don’t use umm. It is more a ,, " I know this oil works ((Silkolene))"

You will find many other "motorcycle" oils out there on the shelves,, most with the recommended classifications on the bottle. And that’s great,, but weather they truly work, in a motor like the DRZ,, in actual use,, well that is a question that has to be answered after mid to long term use and a teardown. And I'm not volunteering my motor :awww:

A product has been shown to work... I'll use it, till I find another product that works as well and is also cheaper, more available, ect ect. If that means Delo400,, cuz you and your family all use it and your bikes have gone a million miles combined,,,, and you love it.. :D:lol: ok by me :thumbsup: No complaints ,, no flames,,, but no answers either on the hundred of "motorcycle" oils out there. In 20 years of riding, and racing street bikes and a few track bikes,, RedLine and Silkolene have served me well... so that’s what I'm gona use :devil:

Great another thing for me to worry about does any1 use or have any opinion on motorex oil, the shop I deal with recomened it to me, but I would perfer some "TT" input!

http://www.nrenterprises.net/motorex_4stroke_oils.htm

I've heard nothing bad about it. though not used any myself,, same answer as above,, unless you can find a qualified person who has used it fro a decent length of time, AND done the follow up teardown.. It's any body's guess :thumbsup:

i bought it as the basis of a 503 stroker motor.it was cheap but unfortunately the trans parts will cost some money so that pushes my eta back.

the crank is a good core as the it will have a fresh rod and such when its stroked.

I'm not volunteering my motor :awww:

I'll step up and volunteer. I'm currently running the red cap 15/50 mobil :thumbsup:. With the ACCT :devil:

I'll let you guys know how it goes I'm only at 2750 miles now so it might take a few years.