Sign in to follow this  

Ive had a chance to ride several times now and now

Im convinced. I like my Bridgestone 401 front 10 times more than the 756 I took off. It just sticks better everywhere...

When its time for a new race tire for the rear, I'll try one of those next. Although I really like the 739 dunlop Ive got on there now...

The trail tire will forever be a Maxxis IT...hell, the way the things last, I may never need another one :thumbsup:

Have you tried the maxxis front?

I have one, but haven't thrown it on yet. Just curious if you have tried it and what your thoughts were.

I have a Maxxis IT front in my garage... I'll sell it cheap! Only 3 rides on it.

The thing sucks! I think it would work ok in sand but anything we have in SoCal, it sucks!

Good luck...

Todd.

hmmm. Not what i wanted to hear! I'll still tryu it though. I mean I DID already buy it!

So far i really like the rear

I know a guy that says that Maxxis front is the best one he's ever tried. He rides at ElCajon and Elsinore a lot too.

The deal with the Maxxis is not running too much pressure in them. They've got some really stiff sidewalls.

Ive never run the Maxxis on the front though... :thumbsup:

Try the Maxxis IS front and you may be even more impressed. It is really a great tire. They have a new rear to match it coming out very soon, which I plan to try for sure.

ben

I have a Maxxis IT front in my garage... I'll sell it cheap! Only 3 rides on it.

The thing sucks! I think it would work ok in sand but anything we have in SoCal, it sucks!

Good luck...

Todd.

Had only 3 on mine too! I gave it away as I felt quilty selling such a junk tire to anyone.

Some do like them though, I certainly am not one of them for sure. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

My main thoughts on it was it gave an indirect feel and would wash out quite easy. Very wishy-washy in mud too.

If you liked the 401 give the Michelin M12 front a try. Best front I have ever tried by far, especially under hard braking. Just make sure your bead lock is really tight.

I have a Maxxis IT front, and I've been running it at Perris, Elsinore, and the Star. I don't find it any worse than the 742 that came on the thing stock. I'm pretty sure my next front will be the B-Stone though..