Sign in to follow this  

Did I raise the forks too much?

I'm pretty short, so the first thing I did was set the sag (VERY roughly, worked alone...) and raised the forks.

I went past the 2nd ring to roughly past where the third ring would be.

I'm a suspension moron, only rode the bike a few minutes but seemed a little squirrly...

Looking for opinions... :thumbsup:

Personally, I have NO clue what "rings" you're talking about. However, I do know that you can't raise the forks more than a few mm before you hit the bottom of the bars. If you've got a little space before hitting the bars, you should be ok.

It's possible your sag is way off, causing the bike to squat and the front end to feel flighty. That's just a guess though.

Mine came stock on the second ring. It was fine but on high speed ruts it would get a bit sketchy so i raised it to the first ring. I reckon the approx third ring would make it real squirely at high spped and in rough stuff. Youve effectivelly reduced your rake, which means its going to respond quicker to both rider and external input(bumps roots etc). It only takes 5 min to change it back and see the differnce. Take a few tools along to your riding location and see.BUT change one thing at a time so you know whats going on and make a few notes of what you did and what it felt like.

Well, the only thing I can see as a major problem by going too far up in the clamps (past the last indicator ring) would be if you land hard and bottom your suspention - you COULD lock up the front wheel when it bottoms into the fender and screws and cause a NASTY crash.

Do you guys HAVE three adjustment rings?? I thought they only had two...

Doesn't have 3 rings, just where it WOULD be. Think I'll set it back to the second ring before I go out this afternoon...