Sign in to follow this  

IMS Tank news

I just recieved my tank from halls. OK listen up its 3.0 gallons white in color, that means clear. It fit great no problems at all. Its wider then stock near the front of the tank, but it fits really good....And it doesnt interfere with my scotts stab.Or my pro taper bars. My TE 510 is near new with no radiator damage. So anyone thinking of a bigger tank dont stress the IMS is perfect. I cant wait till Baja season. :thumbsup:

Okay - same here, no problems bolting the thing up on the 250 either, although I must agree with bte250 that it is quite a bit wider than I expected. I notice that the lower grey shrouds now look "separate" from the tank. The upper shrouds now stick out about 1/2 inch from the lower. The center area slightly shows the shroud screws from under the seat, as it looks about 1/2 wider here too. As for the rest of the tank, it seems very well built, as most of IMS products. If you can overlook the "CRF wide look" then you're good to go. I know, I know, ethstetics is trivial, but these are pretty sexy bikes, and it must be part of the consideration. I'm pretty happy with it so far. We'll see how it rides over the Mexican tierra in October.

These are posted in another thread but here you go anyway:

Before:

tesmaller.jpg

After:

tewhitetanksmall.jpg

Fitment pics below. Didn't mean to come off like an arse. :thumbsup:

Nice pics, but they give very little info on the actual fit. Give me a couple days, and I'll post some from a birdseye view. That way, you can compare the width difference.

Singularo didn't ask about fit, he asked about before and after photos. I know I posted them in another thread but thought I'd get some more mileage out of them here as well. :thumbsup:

Greg

I spoke with IMS today and the lady told me they are making a change on the tank and would not be avalible for another 3 weeks :thumbsup:

xxxr, I for one would really like to see the photos you offered to show the difference in size form all points of view. Thanks for doing it!!

Flame on

I kind of had the feeling that she was making it up because of them being late to market. :thumbsup:

By the way, where did you get that awesome color match skid plate? :devil:

Nice to know I am a beta tester!!! :devil:

Any idea what the change is?

Greg

I heard they were making them 2 inches narrower, and 3.3 gallons. Should be a quick fix. GO RIDE YOUR BIKE ALREADY!! :thumbsup:

Nice job on the skid plate and radiator guards. The anthracite color looks really cool. The rest of the graphics go on tonight and as soon as I get my truck's starter fixed, should be tomorrow, I am going riding.

Greg

Glad you like the parts :thumbsup:

Give us the update on the ride and your thoughts.

:devil:

Not great, but hopefully you can see the sizing and fit. It's not too far off from perfect, but could use a little thinning in my opinion.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

also got the jet upgrade today...the one from the factory

needle; 10E1-51

main; 155

idle; 52

Funny... it is right on what I already have jetted! Lucky guesses I suppose. Only change would be the needle that was not avail when I was working on it.

You mean a 25 and not a 52 pilot, right? The new needle is a little richer and should make the engine pull a little harder without the mid range or 1/2 throttle lean surge of the stock jetting. At least that is what I'm experiencing with this set up. Let us know how it works out.

Nando,

If you ride you have to take me with you!

I will throw on the higher gearing.

Tank looks really nice.

William

Would that jet kit be for the TE or TC250? I'll have mine out this weekend and see how it runs stock. But it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.

Greg