01 clutch basket on a 00 426....will it work?

I really want a Barnett basket but they do not make one for the 00 426. ? Can the 01 be used and what other parts are neccessary. I already have done the 01 clutch upgrade so I am already using some of the 01 parts. What others would I need? Thanks.

BTW, The reason I want the Barnett over the Hinson and other available baskets is because the Barnett has the stainless inserts over the tabs.... no grooves to worry about. :devil:

I really want a Barnett basket but they do not make one for the 00 426. ? Can the 01 be used and what other parts are neccessary. I already have done the 01 clutch upgrade so I am already using some of the 01 parts. What others would I need? Thanks.

BTW, The reason I want the Barnett over the Hinson and other available baskets is because the Barnett has the stainless inserts over the tabs.... no grooves to worry about. :awww:

I'm a little confused.

Is your question:

a) Will the Barnett basket for the '01 fit my '00?

Answer: Huh? Barnett has a different PN for clutch basket from '00 to '01? They should be interchangeable.

:devil: Will a stock '01 basket fit.

Answer: Yes, as far as I know the two are identical.

?????

Hope this helps.

a) Will the Barnett basket for the '01 fit my '00?

Answer: Huh? Barnett has a different PN for clutch basket from '00 to '01? They should be interchangeable.

They are different part numbers with Yamaha, Hinson and any other clutch basket manufacturer.

? Will a stock '01 basket fit.

Answer: Yes, as far as I know the two are identical.

Well they are not identical. The question is the 01 a revision of the 00 and they are interchangeable or not interchangeable. I could be the primary gear, the springs, the mounting points for the primary gear, etc...

The original 00 part number superceeds to this number:

99999 denotes and updated part. It does not superceed into the 01 part. The price of the new 99999 part is $100 less than the 01 part from Yamaha also.

I dont know myself, although often wondered.

Well they are not identical. The question is the 01 a revision of the 00 and they are interchangeable or not interchangeable. I could be the primary gear, the springs, the mounting points for the primary gear, etc...

Yes, the '01 basket will fit in an '00. The throw may be slightly different (perhaps this explains the different PNs from Hinson et. al.), but the plates, ring gear etc. are in fact the same.

?

I know from experience that a Hinson for an '00 will fit into an '01. The only difference in the clutch from '00 to '01 that I'm aware of is the different plate makeup and resulting different throw, but all these different parts interchange.

Hinson list their baskets to fit the 00 to 02. However Barnett does not... only 01 to 02. So I quess the question is....If I were to go buy a 01 basket, what other parts would I need besides the parts of a 01 clutch mod, to use that basket. I really want the Barnett. ?

Well the 00 has a part number of H100 from Hinson.

The 01-02 is a H143.

Not the same unit.

http://www.hinsonracing.com

Uugh, your right. I just realized that I was thinking of the pressure platen, not the basket. I am tempted to buy the 01 and then take measurements but I don't want to buy it and then be stuck with it if it doesn't work. I wonder if the gear is different? ?