Sign in to follow this  

resleeving a cylinder?????

I know this is the wrong forum but there are alot of sharp mechanics reading through these posts. My son's cr85R's circlip for the piston pin scored the inner walls of the cylinder and siezed. any suggestions on saving the cylinder possibly by sleeving it b/c it already has a big bore kit...??

How badly was it scored. Sometimes, especially with a steel or nicklesil cylinder they can be saved with some sand paper and alot of fine work.

pretty deep, it worked its way out scored one side made its way to the top of the dome and down the other side an what was left fell in the crank.....ah crap!!!

:thumbsup:

Sounds like you might not be able to get away with just honing and may need to bore to next piston size or new barrel etc.

John

Get a hold of milennium technologies, top notch repairs and recoating. If it is already a big bore, if you sleeved it you would have to have it rebored to the pistons specs anyways. I would maybe look for a used cylinder on ebay and send it to mt listed above and have them do a big bore kit again.