Sign in to follow this  

Dirty Dog on 9/12

Who is heading up there this Sunday? Weather looks like it might be wet :devil::thumbsup:

Will they be running the same or similar course as the Toasted Hare?

mx813

Just got the hall pass...

I'm there!

Watchout Massive Moe, I'm coming after you!

Doh! Busted!

My wife just read this over my shoulder. But it ends up she didn't believe I was going to be painting the house anyway.

-Tyler

I will be there with some friends,this will be my first time there so I dont know much about the course,But will have a good time anyways :thumbsup:

Course was for the most part, awesome, track dry, 90% of the woods, very tractable. Got 3rd position in start of open c, passed a few in that nasty ditch where a bunch got hung up...then came the trouble...

There was a huge mud pit that ate my front tire. Took 2 guys to help out. By that time, they had re-routed the course for waves 5 1/2 and all remaining 4 waves. When I got free, I was in pretty much dead friggin last.

Finished 65 overall, so I passed about 30 some riders in 5 laps, but man, getting stuck pretty much sucks and takes a lot of energy. But, I had a great time, getting to ride the mx course. I was suprised to see how few riders jumped all the tables, but being a mx rider definitely helps!

Next year :thumbsup:

mx813

I also rode the open C. Ended up with a sixth place finish and had a good day. Got in 6 laps and was 30th to cross the line. What was your finish in the class? I was curious about my overall finish on the drive home.

I was dead last coming off the line. I had started the bike several times on the line w/ the hot start. When the flag dropped the bike wouldn't fire until the hot start was off, so the rest of the class was around the first two corners by the time I took off. Major pile up at the first big dip that got re routed. I waited several minutes and the riders in front of the group gained a big lead on those of us stuck in the line. The mud hole you got stuck in was right after the lap punch right? Very nasty little dip there, somebody was gonna end up hurt.

Does anyone know the length of the loops? I am trying to figure out how far I can go on the stock tank.

I am guessing the loops were about 5 miles in length. I got 5 laps in as well, enough to memorize the entire course, and came across the line 65th overall.

That big dip was always in the race, just a big jam in first lap. After the first check / swipe is when I got stuck. Do you remember going around/through a huge mud hole?

Naturally, I was pretty upset they rerouted everyone, ruining my awesome start....oh well...according to Mt. Baker Off-road team...Too Bad, that's racing.

ahh well...next year I suppose

After the first check / swipe is when I got stuck. Do you remember going around/through a huge mud hole?

Your talking about the mud hole right in the very first part of the single track right? MX track, thru the tunnel get a punch, 100 yards of single track and then your mud hole?

I was lined up on the right hand end of the line, #322 Honda. Were you the guy right next to me on the start?

I stopped by the track on Saturday and it was a complete mess. Luckily it was dry and windy all of Saturday and Sunday am because they were getting 4 wheel drive quads stuck on the MX track trying to prep for the race.

Hey fellas I got the official results in the mail today. Mike you did 6 laps and finished 62nd overall and 12th in class. Gary you completed 6 laps, too, and were 37th overall and 6th in class. Good job. The results will be posted on the NMA website, soon. www.nmaoffroad.org, goto events and then race results.

The "Overall" position you guys are talking about is the order in which you finished the course after it was closed. It is not necessarily your overall finish since there were guys who came in ahead of you that did more or less laps.

You guys coming to Cranberry Lake HS?

Hey fellas I got the official results in the mail today. Mike you did 6 laps and finished 62nd overall and 12th in class.

That would be 5 laps with one punch on the start line :cry:

Man...if I hadn't got stuck...if I hadn't got stuck...if I hadn't got stuck...I think I can let it go now...

But, 62nd overall is not bad, considering I was dead last after getting unstuck...

Looking forward to Cranberry for sure with a nice start time of 12:30 :cry: :cry: :cry: and a 2 hour race.

mike