Sign in to follow this  

04 vs 05 CRF250

I was just wondering..i want a crf250 but now im kinda scared to get a 04. I know some say its only a small percent with the valve problems and stuff but still if im that small percent and it costs a lot to fix im stuck and might have to quit ridign for a while. I was wondering, is the problem fixed in the 05s? This may be the thing stopping me from getting one partially($$ and if i like it is a factor too). I never had to think of these problems with my 2 stroke and i dotn want to get a 4 stroke and mess it up.

The 05s just came out so I doubt if anyone knows if they have the problem or if anyone has a problem on the 05. You might have to wait a couple months to see if ppl start having that problem on the 05

well if i do get one it wont be for a couple months. i would get one ASAP but im gonna need a car soon so i dont have all the money to put everywhere. Im not 16 yet so i cant really find a job especially now because of school. Im just wondering could i put like $3000 down from my bike selling and then put around $100 a month or is there a certain set payment thing? I havent really done payments on anything. Also, i need a really good reason to get a new one for my dad. He thinks gettin a new one is pointless but that way i know it hasnt been trashed and then fixed to look good.

i think im sick...well i was lookin through cycletrader and i found chad ward's crf250. its a 04 but holy crap im in LOVE. this is one of the best bikes ive ever seen. i heard he has about 5 but im not sure if he has any left becuase they are for sale. if he has a mod one for sale i want it sooo bad. the entire engine is yoshimura. it has FCR suspension worth a whole lot and black rims and all. the guy told me they do have to change the valves and topend every 3 months but i think it should last a long time with me. what you guys think?

I've had no problems with valves. Thr only peolple that say to check the valve's often are are Honda dealers or maybe if you're a pro.

I've been riding the sht out of mine for about 9 months,and had 0 probs. Keep in mind, you have to say on top of the maint. That said you'll get lemons from any brand occasionally.

Maybe you should listen to you dad though.