Sign in to follow this  

Here it is, CRF450X

That bike gives me wood! Look at the styling of it. Look at the rear fender with the tail light and compare it to the WR's. This bike is beautiful.

I guarantee this bike could gain 100 lbs and it would still make an XR400 look like it was going backwards, apples to oranges.

255 lbs., I'm sure there are ways to reduce that number before you ever start it. In the quest for the CRF450 to lose weight, Honda put on the shi#$iest rims I've ever run across in all my years of riding. A little weight aint but a thing if it means less wrenching and more riding.

Man, only thing that would make that bike look better, is it sitting in my garage next to my CRF! :thumbsup:

i think it looks cherry. i would get one if i didn't already have my "R". i agree that that there are probably ways to make it lighter, but its still not all that heavy. it might be heavier than the KTMs, but think about how much the honda will out handle those KTMs.

I'm a woods guy, and I'm a Honda fan, so don't take this the wrong way, but; if the new X model eats valves like the MX version, I don't care how cherry it looks or runs, I'm going to buy a WR !!! It will be real interesting to see how this bike holds up (valve wise) after people have been riding it for a year or so. Maybe it will have a milder cam for off-road riding, and the valves will hold up, but I'm not rushing out to buy one until people have put some significant seat time on them.

My CRF is a great bike all around with the exception of the valve train. I want Honda to address the valve issue soo damn bad so I can continue to buy and ride Honda's. But I'm a reliability fanatic, and I refuse to put out big $$ and deal with down time each season to address the same issue over and over again.

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best :thumbsup:.