Sign in to follow this  

3x3 air box jet mod question

I ordered my DJ kit and jets from TT this week because I hear everyone talking about how it made there bike come to life. Now I have a new 04 have have yet to be dissapointed with the power but more is always better right? I wanna know is this really the magic to this motor? Will I be estacic over the power increase? I love the bike the way it is but I always have to make things "better". Let me know if I will be dissapointed. I'm doing it anyway :thumbsup:

You won't be disappointed so long as you look at what it does and think about possible gains. It's not gonna be a rocketship just from the airbox mod. But it will add power and throttle response if you jet it right. You will be happy. :thumbsup: Just don't expect too much from it.

I was happy with the stock power, then added the yosh and removed the snorkel and it was better, then the 3x3 with dj needle and spring, extended fuel screw and 25 pilot. There is a very real and noticable increase in power and throttle response. I hope you don't mind shifting, because after the 3x3 you hit the rev limiter very quickly :thumbsup::devil::awww:

Fred, if you want to, You can take mine for a spin and see the difference first hand before you do the mod. I'll even bring my Dremel and some hex screws for the float bowl for when you get back. :devil:

:thumbsup::awww:

Everytime you add some HP it leaves you wanting more....

I did the DJ kit and all that good stuff and exhaust at the same time. Wow lots of smiles ensued. (Not the neighbors though let me assure you) :devil:

Just installed the FCR and E compression gaskets etc. about a month ago. Just installed a JD kit. Lots of smiles again. :lol:

I got some hotcams sittin in a box and now I am itching to make it a 450.

I probably will do just that as soon as I get the supermoto setup goin. :D

No lookin back. Its a disease. :thumbsup::awww:

thanks Wolf :thumbsup: I'm doing it regaurdless. I'm a throttle junkie anyway and guess that I was just looking for some reassureance that I will feel real world seat 'o the pants difference. Sounds like I will :awww: I can't wait till the parts get here. DJ kit, 25piolt 140 and a 142 main(just in case) and a extended fuel screw. This bike is addicting. I've got a new set of grips laying on the work bench for it and I can't stay off the bike long enough to put them on. I guess I'm waiting on a rainy day :devil:

thanks Wolf :devil: I'm doing it regaurdless. I'm a throttle junkie anyway and guess that I was just looking for some reassureance that I will feel real world seat 'o the pants difference. Sounds like I will :thumbsup: I can't wait till the parts get here. DJ kit, 25piolt 140 and a 142 main(just in case) and a extended fuel screw. This bike is addicting. I've got a new set of grips laying on the work bench for it and I can't stay off the bike long enough to put them on. I guess I'm waiting on a rainy day :lol:

FYI on those grips, the throttle tube is molded to the grip(some genius at Suzuki's idea) so get a new throttle tube first.

And I was serious about those allen screws for the float bowl. $2.50 at Lowes and worth every penny. :awww:

it wont turn it into a monster or anything but its worth doing mine still isn't dialed in right but im still happy a little more power, little more response and a little deeper sound. it's fairly cheap probably works alot better with a pipe but still worth doing with stock exhaust. im happy i did it and would do it again but could live without it. if you plan on boosting power anyway its a good place to start. Also results will vary depending on how well you get the jetting dialed in.

whats a throttle tube and where can I get one?

What size bolts will I need from Lowe's?

The throttle tube is the part the grip sits on and the cables attach to (ie. the part of the throttle assembly that rotates. must shops should have them in stock and I know motion pro make a nice aluminum one(instead of plastic). they are pretty inexpensive since you should only need to do this once.

I don't remember the bolt size....I'll have to check.

I looked at my throttle grip and it looks like I should be able to just cut the old one off. I'm not understanding for some reason. But I dont want to cut the stock one off and be screwed until I can get to a shop. I guess I'll wait until I can get a throttle tube.

you may get lucky and it will peel off (not what was inteneded).but most of the time the grip has been vulcanized to the tube.

liability lawyers...... :thumbsup::devil::awww:

came right off! just like all the others I have ever done. Maybe they changed it a little in 04. Didnt rain but I got the grips on anyhow :thumbsup: