Sign in to follow this  

WR426 2002 Wires to carb and jetting help.

A friend has a 2002 Yamaha WR426. We got the slide to open all the way but I heard that one of the 3 wires going to the Carb needs to be cut.Any suggestions. Also Jetting specs would be nice. He has a 165 main.

Gray wire mod. It comes from the CDI box and controls the timing curve. (unconnected eq yz timing)

Take a look at the FAQ in the YZ forum and do a little Googling for free mods.

:thumbsup:

Thanks george. I'm assuming if I don't disconnect it it will still run ok. I was made to think that you had to disconnect the gray to get it to run right after you took out the throttle limiter screw and ground it down.He wont change his cam so do we really need to dis. anything?

It'll still run OK without the mod, but the ignition timing is significantly retarded above 6000 RPM with the wire connected. It's an easy mod, and your friend will definitely feel the difference. Most folks go ahead and do it.

You shouldn't cut the wire, just remove it from the plug and tape if off. If you want to go back (you won't), you can always just re-insert it in the plug.

Thanks, we'll give it a go. I thought i would at least raise the main up to a 168. We will remove the top of the air box. He had it completly closed up. I said open that puppy up .The plug looked good before, but he did'nt know it had a stop in the throttle. DOOOOOOOH!