Sign in to follow this  

200 exc the fastest ??

Yes, I have came out of off topic to ask a motorcycle question :devil:. Is the 200exc the best woods weapon built for tight harescramble racing. I have had the itch for one for a long time :thumbsup:

Three of the NW TTers, including myself, have 2004 KTM two-strokes. Trav has a 200, Woodsrider has a 250, and I have the 300. All are EXC's with Rekluse auto-clutches, so one doesn't have an advantage over the other. The 250 and 300 are identical, except for displacement. The 200 is a completely different machine. I can't say if it's rider or bike, but the combination makes Trav close to untouchable in the tight stuff! I feel like I'm on a mountain bike when I ride his 200! It is a bit lighter than my 300, but the shorter wheel base and ergonomics make it feel even lighter than it's claimed weight. Another option is a 125 setup for woods. We have had our asses handed to us by experienced racers from our state, all have been on 125's. The new YZ125 is 196#, 31# lighter than my 300. Throw on a big tank and a flywheel weight, then keep it pinned! :thumbsup:

I've had an 04' 200EXC for most of the year, and I love it! It's pleny powerful, an handles better than any bike I've owned.....until this morning! I took my first ride on the 04' 450SX, and I believe it handles the tight stuff just as well..... :thumbsup:

Is the 200exc the best woods weapon built for tight harescramble racing.

Not IMO but it is in many others. I don't like the pipey power, although you can calm that down some with jetting, the small frame and the buzziness of our 200E. Not dissing the bike, it's just not the ultimate KTM for *me*.

When did this become a 2 stroke forum ? This is THUMPER TALK!

Go to KTMtalk if you want to ask 2 stroke KTM questions.

Stick to the subject.

Thanks,

Dwight :thumbsup::devil:

When did this become a 2 stroke forum ? This is THUMPER TALK!

Go to KTMtalk if you want to ask 2 stroke KTM questions.

Stick to the subject.

Thanks,

Dwight :thumbsup::devil:

:awww: there there. it's ok. here's an old 4stroke to play with. now leave us alone and let us talk about motorcycles.

any of the ktm 2strokes can be sick woods bikes. i have an 04 250sx, and it feels just as light and flickable as the 200's i have ridden, just with more power, especially down low. the disadvantage is that the 250 and 300 only have 5 gears. the tighter it is, the more the 200 is awesome.

":awwww: there there. it's ok. here's an old 4stroke to play with. now leave us alone and let us talk about motorcycles."

WOW, A BSA 441 VICTOR in full offroad trim !

THANKS !

Dwight :thumbsup: