Sign in to follow this  

Jumping Cow enduro in Agate?

I have never raced in an enduro. I would like to try the Jumping Cow in Agate. How do I go about this. What can I expect at this event ie.. crouds, terrain, fees, bike set up and so on? Any info will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Riders are grouped in rows that leave the start line one minute apart. There will be up to 4 riders on a row, the first row will leave the line at 8:01 AM. I heard that there will be one test per loop, the C riders will ride the same loop 3 times and the A and B riders will ride the exact same loop as the Cs four times. The loop is about 17 miles so you will be going as fast as you can for 17 miles. It is a fun event that is well organized and close to Denver.

It costs $50 to pre-enter and a little more if you sign up at the race. You will get a lot of riding for your money. You will also need to join the RMEC for either a one day pass $5 or a full year membership $25.

I'd set up the bike a softer than for a typical motocross at Berthoud, Milliken or Aztec. After each loop you will have enough time to gas up and make quick suspension adjustments. The course will go through some trees. Put on bark busters and be ready to ride over some logs. If it rains, there will be some mud bogs. Take time to survey them before you blitz through or you will be pulling your bike out of thick black smelly mud.

Hope to see you there.

I was talking with Todd's dad and he said they were removing some of the big logs.

I guess this event is know for logs but they are backing off some of the difficulty.

Todd is a ex-trials rider(a very good one, by the way) so he thinks logs are easy.

The loop is about 17 miles so you will be going as fast as you can for 17 miles.

You mean the entire loop is one big special test section. That sounds like a hare scramble. When I did it in 02 there were like 4 or 5 shorter special test sections. You had time to relax and ride slow to the next test .

I remember a fun ride, but thousands of logs. I also remember getting our moneys worth out of one big hill.

Does the RMEC normally post the race flyer on their website in time to pre enter? looking forward to something different , from MX.

The flyer that I got in the Checkpoint says that there is "One loop of approximately 20 miles with 3 or 4 special tests per loop"..."the loop will be run multiple times". I am riding on row 5, can't wait!

Is there a link to that fler or does any one have a way to post it for me to print off? Thanks

A test section is where they mark you time going in

and coming out of a certain part of the course.

You get points depending on the time it takes you

to get through the section. Faster = Better.

You will not need timekeeping equipment.

Typically, you will go thorugh a test section, then a

short ride, and you will show up for the next test section,

usually early and you wait for them to flip your row

number over on a board, then you take off on the next test

section.

A test section is where they mark you time going in

and coming out of a certain part of the course.

You get points depending on the time it takes you

to get through the section. Faster = Better.

You will not need timekeeping equipment.

Typically, you will go thorugh a test section, then a

short ride, and you will show up for the next test section,

usually early and you wait for them to flip your row

number over on a board, then you take off on the next test

section.

except at mile hi that's was the first special test, I was hot :thumbsup:

Nope, didn't read the flyer... why?

I just responded to the SA 'cause I remember all the tall grass from last year..

I doubt I'll race it... too much other stuff going on...

Merf

C'mon man!!!!!

I'll bring a cooler of frosty cold ones!!!

:thumbsup:

I doubt I'll race it... too much other stuff going on...

Merf

Sorry Hokie, my daughter is getting married 10/16. I have to fly to TX to retrieve my Dad the weekend 10/9 and drive him back on 10/23 and fly back home. In the meantime, there's a bunch of stuff to take care of in preparation. My heart and mind are just not in racing right now. I even went to Aztec last night and did not race.

Have fun! I'll be thinking about all ya!

Merf

Oh!

Hey, congrats to your daughter!

I'll pop a cold one for ya!

:thumbsup: