Sign in to follow this  

Croom is Closed!

Hey,

Just got back from our attempted ride at croom today. It's been closed since last thursday from Frances. The Forest ranger said that it was to wet (like it hasnt been for the past 2 months or is going to stop us) and he also said there were some downed power lines going to some of the houses in the middle of the park. He didn't know when they would open back up, he said it all depended on what Ivan was going to do. So We thought we might try ocala so we called the Forest Service. And the Girl on the line said she recommended no one going out because of downed powerlines and she also said there were about 30-40 trees down per square mile. Whether this is true or not I dont know. It might just be a way of keeping us out for now. So we ended coming back home and riding a local Track. But Hopefully this will keep some of you guys from making a trip all the way out and having to come all the way back home like I did :thumbsup:, being that it is a good hour drive up from lakeland.

Stay Safe

I doubt very seriously the USFS was lying to you. My local trails are closed because of Charlie and Gaston damage. I have personally verified the damage! I cant imagine what Florida trails must be like!

Robert :thumbsup:

Well,

Ocala has some major powerlines running through it with some major voltage running through them, If those are down I wouldn't ride but any of the smaller ones I probably wouldn't mind. As long as you didn't snag any of them :thumbsup:. Thats what rubber tires, boots, and grips are for :devil:.

I dont know about power lines, but it's not much fun riding ocala thats for sure.

We gave up on big bass after 20 minutes of trying to find a trail that wasnt completely blocked by trees. Big scrub was the same but not quite as bad.

Both are closed for camping so you gotta leave that day.