Sign in to follow this  

i just got through cuttin jettin and shimmin

i have an 03 650 it has a supertrapp with 8 disks and i opened up the airbox, twinair filter, shimmed the needle and rejetted with a 160 mikuni and drilled the slide. these mods, while i was a little intimidated, were quite easy. and yes they made quite a difference. thanks for the info from all of you

Was that you? I heard you out here in Seattle when you put the 12 disks in! :thumbsup:

I have the supertrapp with 12 but recently took 5 out due to the noise. I don't know about you guys but I hate the tone of that pipe in comparison to FMF Q. Sure, huge difference in price but I am still planning on removing mine.

For the price, I'm going to try out www.Kientech.com solution for stock muffler.

Jesse is the man if you need any help. I tip my hat to him for all the times he stayed on the phone with me walking through problems. True customer service there....

Good Riding!

:devil:

Rob

did you try using an open end exhaust tip for the super trapp i found quite a difference from 8 to 8 with an open end

i am getting a camera i will send pics soon.

downside to this open end is the plastics get melted.i am getting a little peice of steel pipe welded on the end to direct the exhaust out to the side!!!

the price of the caps is about $20 american!

elvis teh open end is awsome it sound ALOT better and i noticed quite the difference and its is cheap!

TRY IT $20 :thumbsup: