Sign in to follow this  

clutch springs

Has anyone pulled their clutch from the TT-R125LE, to replace with stiffer clutch springs?

Any special tools required?

Just curious if it would be difficult for a novice.

Thanks, in advance. :thumbsup:

I put the bbr springs in my 02 125L.All you have to do is take off the side cover and get a new gasket for it or reuse the stock one.Once its off you will see a middle bolt and then 5 bolts around it.Take off each bolt and there is a spring around each bolt.put the new one on the bolt and put it back in.Very easy to do.Helps alot with a slipping clutch.

Will putting the BBR clutch srpings help with eliminating the slippage when I shift from gear to gear I will let the lever out but I can feel the clutch still catching. Do I need a new clutch set or would the stiff springs help. thanks

In loving memory of Tabby

crash

installing the bbr hd springs will help the clutch plates engage much better. you will still feel some slippage in the beginning of the clutch engagement but not as bad. the real problem is there's only four lil springs trying to hold all the power. if those springs were as large as, lets say a 125cc then the clutch would hook up w/o slippage. you can try installing new clutch components. it probably won't slip at first but will eventually. keep the oil fresh, :thumbsup: