Sign in to follow this  

xr 100 handle bars

I got my son Honda-mini Pro Tapers from Rocky Mountain MC. http://www.rockymountainmc.com

The Pro Taper Honda-Mini bend have the same exact OEM specs. Nice bars too. I think they were $67.

The stock bars are worthless... or maybe worth $12 max. He bent his (badly!) when he was

climbing a very steep hill, hooked up and flipped the bike.

Check out his old bars. nice, eh? They sorta resemble Speedway bars! :thumbsup:

BTW, those aren't Renthal bars. They're the OEM bent ones.

He liked the pad for its name only. Kids. :devil:

01_bentbarsfront.jpg01_bentbarsright.jpg

Those are pretty bent but I'm sure a bit of time in a vise would set them straight. Also I had an old Suzuki and the bars didn't havea strengthening bit across the middle and the right grip ended up parallel to the petrol tank and it only fell over at a slow speed.

That's why I replaced them instead of fix them. There's a split in the weld where the bar and crossbar meet too. It would take more time and energy to bend back and re-weld the bars. So I opted for the good stuff.

Last Monday we tried this real steep uphill. I made it about a third of the way up before I crashed. The kid goes up about 10-15 feet past me, hooks up on a rock and looped the bike straight over. Landed hard on the bars. My first thought was, "Oh great, now I gotta buy another set of bars!" As luck would have it, absolutely nothing happened to the Pro Tapers. They came out clean. And so did the kid.

:thumbsup:

i dont think rocky mountain sells those bars any more because i couldnt find them on there site. are there any other bars that will fit the 100?

i dont think rocky mountain sells those bars any more because i couldnt find them on there site. are there any other bars that will fit the 100?

They are listed in their catalog as "Honda Mini Bend" ... Part number 02-4663

Send for their catalog. It's free. You can always call them too.

More than likely they'll have parts in stock that is not on their website.

Yes, other bars will fit too... long as they are 7/8" bars.

The Honda Mini Bend are tall just like the stock OEM's.

Just about every company makes mini bend aluminum bars. I have a pair of moose ones that were like $50 Fly are like $32 for aluminum.